I Can’t Do This Alone

Options
My name is Katie. I’m 5”10 and weigh 230. I’m looking to loose 50 pounds. I had ACL surgery last year and I am still having knee issues/pain. I feel like I’m basically re learning how to run again. Running has always been a struggle for me. I want to learn how to love running! Anyways, I can’t do this alone. I need friends on here to motivate me and give me helpful tips and tricks for running and just working out in general. Thanks y’all!

Replies

• Egger29
    Egger29 Posts: 14,741 Member
    Options
    Heya Katie! Sorry to hear about the ACL surgery! Those things take time to come back into form! Have you been working with a Physiotherapist or Athletic Therapist at all? One of those would go far at getting your running game back up to speed (Pun Intended).
    I'm more than happy to help share my experience with you. :-)
  • katiemberndt21
    katiemberndt21 Posts: 3 Member
    Options

I’ve been going to physical therapy basically since I got the surgery. It helps but we don’t do that much running . And yes anything helps! Thank you!!!!
  • mrzslim49
    mrzslim49 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I have knee problems. I just use YouTube . There's this great walking cardio on there!
  • ecjim
    ecjim Posts: 1,001 Member
    Options
    Hi Katie If you can't run because of the surgery - don't run -do something else - look into a weight training program like Starting Strength or Strong Curves. Walking would be less stress on your knee.
    I'm recovering from a recent abdominal surgery & lost a lot of strength because of it - I'm starting back slowly & doing what I can - Eastcoast Jim
  • arieljeanbailey
    arieljeanbailey Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    You can try low-impact cardio like biking or elliptical. Walking is always great too.
  • shedsports10
    shedsports10 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I tore my ACL in high school 27 years a go. No repair made. I not a runner at all. But I love walking and working out on the elliptical. I walk 20 mins a day and I avg. 12.5 mph on the elliptical 30 mins a night. Portion control on food and counting my calories the last 2 months. You start one day at a time.
  • dodgowan
    dodgowan Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Swimming is great for recovery too. It's non impact (watch pushing off the wall though) and non load bearing. I recovered from a broken ankle when I was younger mostly through that!
  • pilarslayer
    pilarslayer Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    Hi Katie I'm sorry to hear about the surgery but I'm glad to see that you have a positive mindset to move forward. feel free to add me.