Overeating at Resturants

Options
2»

Replies

• DragonHasTheSapphire
    DragonHasTheSapphire Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    If it's a rare occasion, just eat and enjoy. In fact, eat an enjoy every meal. Picking at food can lead you towards mindsets you don't want.

I could never agree more. I wouldn't want anyone to go through what I did.
  • rikkejohnsenrij
    rikkejohnsenrij Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    I dont eat out too often. (1-2 a month) so when I do, I just bank up calories before and eat it all :) in 2 weeks we are going out for lobster, steak and chocolate mousse( pre ordered menu)..I'll hopefully manage to walk 8-10 km before that and have 700 cals left over from my normal calories that day as well - leaving me 1400 calories for the 3 dishes :p
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    edited June 2018
    Options
    I don't go out often, so I just pick whatever sounds most appealing to me from the menu and use similar entries to log it. I would never ever go to a restaurant to eat lettuce. Waste of money and good time.

If it's a very regular thing that happens several times a week and you have a say in which restaurant you're going to, maybe have a few restaurant options to choose from that have lower calorie dishes that you like and pick one of these whenever you go out. If you don't have a say, there is nothing wrong with eating at home and just having coffee, ordering food only occasionally.