Cellulite

scolion
scolion Posts: 9 Member
Hi everyone,

I’ve recently have been going to the gym and doing different interval cardio warmups before I go do weights for about a month now. Does anyone have any tips or tricks about getting rid of stubborn cellulite?

Replies

• malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,562 Member
    Nope. It’s mainly genetic. It might reduce as you lose weight through a calorie deficit but nearly every woman has it no matter their size.
  • Deviette
    Deviette Posts: 978 Member
    edited June 2018
    Cellulite is caused by the way your connective tissue is attached through your cells. The biggest factor that affects cellulite is genetics. In the same way you cannot permanently change the colour of your hair, or the colour of your eyes, you cannot change how your tissue is connected. It would be the same as me asking "how do I remove my stubborn freckles". You can chuck on so much makeup on your legs so that you can't see it anymore, or cover it with clothes, or edit it out in photoshop (which is what all the mags do). You might be able to reduce the appearance of it by maintaining a healthy weight & drinking plenty of water, but there a very few studies that support anything to do with cellulite because nothing really seems to make much difference.

The only real thing you can do is change your perception of it. Nearly every woman has it (and some men do too). Take a look at athletes (video, not photos) They have cellulite. That stunning model, she's got cellulite (but that photo you're looking at, has had it doctored out). That celeb who you dream you could be exactly like, she's got it. How many gossip mags have pics of women with cellulite? Loads. Because it is such an easy, lazy, "story". Why? Because all they have to do is find an undoctored photo of someone famous and say "OMG THEY HAVE CELLULITE!!". Because women have cellulite.

Live with it and either learn to love it or ignore it enough to no longer care.