Parents success with young ones

Options
Pic from last year & this year, same day ! We have come a long way !

Replies

• aemsley05
    aemsley05 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Well done you guys! You're setting a great example for your kids :)
  • RobynK714
    RobynK714 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Awesome! :)
  • solieco1
    solieco1 Posts: 1,559 Member
    edited June 2018
    Options
    I just have to mention how and why our daughter started to love raw vegetables from a young age: She was about 3 years old and watched me peeling a carrot. She wanted to try it but I told her that it's strictly for adults only. She begged and begged and eventually I gave her the tiniest of slices. She loved it and from that day onward she is hooked on raw veggies... (reverse psychology me thinks...)

That's funny! We did something similar. I read somewhere that a kid has to see something 10 times before it just seems just part of their day. So when I'd want to introduce something new like broccoli or squash I'd just put a bit on their plates every day for 10 days at dinner. I'd never make them eat it or say much about it. Almost every single time before the 10 days was over they'd be eating it :) If they did hate something (mushrooms) I'd just say "well your taste buds will change as you grow up so don't be afraid to try it again later" Those became 'big kid' things LOL. Now I have 16 yo boys who'd rather eat crazy healthy than junk. Wish I'd thought of the "only adults" thing! :D

And you guys look amazing and healthy!
  • aeb6551
    aeb6551 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    You look so healthy! And you have an adoreable family!
  • dhiammarath
    dhiammarath Posts: 834 Member
    Options
    Wow!!! The progress here is awesome! Way to go! :smiley:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!