Looking for friends: Low Carb/Keto

Replies

• jrmie333
    jrmie333 Posts: 149 Member
    I’m looking for some friends to connect with who are on a low carb/keto way of eating. People who are pretty regular at logging in , may talk recipes or whatever works for us and such. Just need s bit of support.

Also a bonus if you have more than 100# to lose like me.

Just added you 2. I have about that amount to loose too to be in my ideal weight 80-100 pounds.
  • contessakris
    contessakris Posts: 33 Member
    Hello all! So happy to have some friends to walk this journey with! I believe I have added all of you, probably by accident double requested some. Lol. Wanted to make sure I got everyone. If I missed you just holler.

Yes would love to be accountability partners definitely. I don’t check in here as much but if you post in your diary, it pops on my wall. So I like and comment on those. I tend to post every couple days. I think I’m a talker. lol. So I post thoughts about what I’m eating or how the day has been, and hoping to chat with people that way. I look forward to getting to know you all. ❤️
  • lshereep
    lshereep Posts: 1 Member
    Add me please! I'd like to start keto and need support. Thanks!
  • contessakris
    No problem! I sent you a request.
    lshereep wrote: »
    Add me please! I'd like to start keto and need support. Thanks!

• nita506
    nita506 Posts: 3 Member
    Please add me too
  • GMgetsfit
    GMgetsfit Posts: 554 Member
    Hi Please count me in. Just learning about keto, and intermittent fasting. I started in April. Went oot end of April and blew it.
    I have been slowing preparing to restart. Had carbs,( I won't name them, so as not to trigger anyone's craving) paid attention to how my hunger increase just by adding them back. Did some talking to myself to help me feel motivated. Stop puting it off, just because it wasn't sunday didn't mean I had to wait another week!
    Restarted yesterday. Need to lose 50 lbs. motivation and support will be so helpful.
  • AlyssaP1987
    AlyssaP1987 Posts: 259 Member
    I am keto. Been strict keto for 10 weeks. Down 38 pounds. Feel free to add me :)
  • cassteiner
    cassteiner Posts: 3 Member
    I am starting the low carb/Keto and would love to be a part of the group!! I also need to lose 100lbs and I know I will need encouragement and advice. Do you all count macros and does that really help or is it to stressful to worry about when just starting?
  • devilsiq07
    devilsiq07 Posts: 2 Member
    Hi there,

I am low carb/keto and log in daily. Anyone feel free to add/message me
  • Prashanthy1
    Prashanthy1 Posts: 1 Member
    Hi guys, I would like to lose 13 pounds and have been trying for almost 2 years but just can’t shift it! So thinking of giving Keto a go but just trying to figure out how it works! Are you able to exercise on the Keto diet as I love some time in the gym (daily if possible) so need to find a diet that will fit in with that and a busy lifestyle as a working mum with 2 little boys! Any advice will be grateful received! Xx
  • Scotty2HotPie
    Scotty2HotPie Posts: 143 Member
    edited June 2018
    It's crazy how the media disparages the low carb diet. My best advice would be listen to several podcasts that focus on low carb and Keto.

I'm not technically in ketosis. But I've done two things that improved my diet and help me lose about 60lbs.

- No Grains - Especially refined grains like bread and pasta. No foods that come in a bag
    - No Sugar - Especially from drinks, which are the worst. The downside is that I've cut out almost all fruit.

I do get carbs from healthy sources, like sweet potatoes. And I do have a banana with breakfast sometimes.

"Eat Happy" by Ann Vocino is a nice recipe book for a low carb diet.

And you can absolutely lift weights and do cardio on a low carb diet. Source? Me... I run 5 days a week and hit the gym 3 days per week.
  • contessakris
    Hello all! I'm here. Thanks for responding to my post. Its been a long hard summer and I've been off my game. But I'm back. I'll add those who asked recently. Love to get to know fellow low carbers!
  • contessakris
    Scotty,
    I've cut the grains and sugar. They just mess with me too much. I did buy sweet potatoes to add to a meal once a week but other than that, low carb. Oh, and quinoa once a week. Hubby and I researched the Mediterranean diet, because of high triglycerides and blood sugar creeping up. So we're going with more chicken and fish than red meats, and Mediterranean diet adds in things like beans, quinoa and occasionally sweet potatoes. But I'm old school low carb from way back so those seem 'wrong' to me. lol So they'll only be occasionally.

I haven't started working out yet. Gotta get some weight off first. But I've started walking on my breaks at work.

Kris
    It's crazy how the media disparages the low carb diet. My best advice would be listen to several podcasts that focus on low carb and Keto.

I'm not technically in ketosis. But I've done two things that improved my diet and help me lose about 60lbs.

- No Grains - Especially refined grains like bread and pasta. No foods that come in a bag
    - No Sugar - Especially from drinks, which are the worst. The downside is that I've cut out almost all fruit.

I do get carbs from healthy sources, like sweet potatoes. And I do have a banana with breakfast sometimes.

"Eat Happy" by Ann Vocino is a nice recipe book for a low carb diet.

And you can absolutely lift weights and do cardio on a low carb diet. Source? Me... I run 5 days a week and hit the gym 3 days per week.

• Strawberrygrl
    Strawberrygrl Posts: 147 Member
    I am new to MyFitnessPal and keto, but you are welcome to contact me. I just started keto almost a month ago. I log in daily to keep track of my macros and water. I'm already so frustrated with this diet from only loosing a pound and really missing donuts!!! :(
  • Hi All,

I started strict Keto two weeks ago, I’ve lost just under a stone so far. Would be good to connect with other LCHF people and swap recipes or tips. 🙂
  • Hi my name is Michelle. I'm new on here just started yesterday and I have a real problem with carbs. I crave them through my day alot. My doctor recently told me I have to lose some weight since it's been 4years since having my daughter. She will be 5 Sept. 14th. I'm 234lbs. Now ,but my goal is 175. That will at least drop a couple of pants sizes I hope. I am serious about learning this app, so I will be on it frequently if you wanna talk or need encouragement.
  • jogetsgains
    jogetsgains Posts: 341 Member
    Me 🙋‍♀️
    I am low carb and have lots to lose.
  • Mendykiins
    Mendykiins Posts: 12 Member
    I'm keto-ish. Haha. Please add me. I try to eat low carb, but having trouble logging. I do hit the gym/weights about 3X a week. Haven't weighed in in a minute, but will do so tomorrow morning. :)
  • jogetsgains
    jogetsgains Posts: 341 Member
    Hi guys, I would like to lose 13 pounds and have been trying for almost 2 years but just can’t shift it! So thinking of giving Keto a go but just trying to figure out how it works! Are you able to exercise on the Keto diet as I love some time in the gym (daily if possible) so need to find a diet that will fit in with that and a busy lifestyle as a working mum with 2 little boys! Any advice will be grateful received! Xx

I was lifting 5 times a day while under 50 grams of carbs per day. I was under my calorie goal and usually didn't eat back the exercise calories. I felt great. I would have some string cheese or a fat bomb before the gym and I would be set. The key for me was having food prepped to eat after. There was no cooking hangry for me! If I didn't have something ready I would hit the Mexican restaurant for sure.
    Now my schedule has changed and I have been doing a few hours of semi-competitive badminton. That has been harder. Not sure if its because I am in the gym longer or if its the cardio aspect, but I EAT afterwards. Regular calories, exercise calories, any calorie that can't outrun me! I am still losing weight, but it's frustrating to be so hungry.
    Keto and the gym can definitely be friends. 😊 Just experiment a bit and see what makes you feel best!
  • BabeMeister83
    BabeMeister83 Posts: 56 Member
    I have been doing keto for about 7 months, so far I have lost 58.8 pounds and have about 80 more to go. Would love to have more friends that like to swap receipes and chit chat with!