Pushing through the frustration

Options
2»

Replies

• deercrest
    deercrest Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Have you ever considered an accountability partner? They can be amazing if you get the right one.
  • SisterSueGetsFit
    SisterSueGetsFit Posts: 1,211 Member
    Options
    deercrest wrote: »
    Have you ever considered an accountability partner? They can be amazing if you get the right one.

While I'm not super opposed to that, I strongly feel the only person really accountable is me. I know for some people it really works (groups and whatnot) but at least for me, I need to hold myself accountable. I hope that makes sense.
  • deercrest
    deercrest Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Yes. I had an accountability partner, never met, different gender, honest and supportive. We both made great progress. Sometimes you need a distant 3rd party to support, commiserate, challenge and even be critical. They end up being really unique and special friends.
  • emmamcgarity
    emmamcgarity Posts: 1,594 Member
    Options
    I am not focused on the number of pounds I have to lose. I am focused on staying on plan today. Sometimes I am only focused on staying on plan for this meal... the scale number will happen eventually. I am only focused on what is in my control.
  • pinksunnyrose
    pinksunnyrose Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    I’m on the last little bit too and just take it 1 day at a time.
  • SisterSueGetsFit
    SisterSueGetsFit Posts: 1,211 Member
    Options
    I am not focused on the number of pounds I have to lose. I am focused on staying on plan today. Sometimes I am only focused on staying on plan for this meal... the scale number will happen eventually. I am only focused on what is in my control.

I really like this. I used to say one bite at a time, one day at a time, one pound at a time. Same line of thinking. Thank you!