What has to happen?

Options
2»

Replies

• bikecheryl
    bikecheryl Posts: 1,432 Member
    Options
    nvmomketo wrote: »
    I found thinking about starting harder than actually doing it. Start easing into it.

I've lost over 100 lbs twice in my life.... people have asked me if losing all that weight was hard.

No it wasn't hard.

Committing to do it was the hardest thing for me.... took me years.... I wish I had an easy answer to what flips the switch inside my head cause I'd be rich. ;)

Being able to trust in the process is crucial.

It's also knowing that if I can ride out those days that feel like a month and the weeks that feel like a year I'll come out the other side healthier and happier.

• bsmaltz2
    bsmaltz2 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I am so with you! The app has really opened my eyes to the hidden calories. I have tried low or no carb diets and I have tried the whole food plant based diet. Neither worked for me. Turns out it was all the CALORIES. Now I faithfully record everything I eat. I plan ahead and always have a healthy snack nearby in case I am stuck somewhere with no food. I have been tracking my intake and exercising often for just over two weeks and I have lost 4 pounds. YES THIS WORKS. I will stick to it and I hope everyone else finds what works for them! AND drink LOTS of water. I thought I drank a lot of water before. I now drink nearly a gallon at work and this has made a huge difference. Good luck!
  • bsmaltz2
    bsmaltz2 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    From a quote:

Losing weight is hard.

Being fat is hard.

Pick your hard.

You have to decide what you want more, to be the same or to change.

I love this!!!! Thank you.
  • rsclause
    rsclause Posts: 3,103 Member
    Options
    Step one was me getting more active on a daily basis.
    Step two I stared logging food and I realized I was eating way more than I needed to so I cut back. It was hard at first but as it became habit it was no big deal.
    Step three is to reduce the bread and potato carbs that I was eating out of habit.
    Step four is when I was seeing results I got carried away and very disciplined. I ate at deficit daily, went to the gym every other day and ran 30 miles a week.
    Step five I lost my beer gut of 50 pounds.
    Step six I slacked off and put 25 pounds and my gut back on.
    Step seven started last week. I started running again.
  • neugebauer52
    neugebauer52 Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    It is just too easy to find crap fast food on every corner. I am trying to make our meal plan as exciting as possible - tasty, colourful and healthy.
  • kdbulger
    kdbulger Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    I'm gonna get woo'd for this but you've got to love yourself. When you love yourself the way you may love others, you start to want the best for yourself. So it might be hard to do the work, but you'll grit down and get it done because you care about yourself. Just like I make my kids eat well and go outside because I love them.