Snacks and Breakfast?

Options
fickleee
fickleee Posts: 43 Member
I’m wondering, should you have breakfast everyday? When I do have breakfast, I only limit myself to one snack. Though, when I don’t have breakfast I allow myself to have two snacks. Should I be having breakfast and two snacks everyday? Or is my “pattern” alright?

Replies

• cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,876 Member
    Options
    None of that matters in the least...
  • Alyssa_Is_LosingIt
    Alyssa_Is_LosingIt Posts: 4,696 Member
    Options
    fickleee wrote: »
    I’m wondering, should you have breakfast everyday? When I do have breakfast, I only limit myself to one snack. Though, when I don’t have breakfast I allow myself to have two snacks. Should I be having breakfast and two snacks everyday? Or is my “pattern” alright?

You're way overthinking it. Just eat in a pattern that helps you stick to your calorie goal. Meal timing has zero effect on weight loss.
  • Jruzer
    Jruzer Posts: 3,501 Member
    Options
    Eat whenever it suits you. "Breakfast" is your first meal of the day anyway. It doesn't have to be eaten in some short window after you wake up.

Some people find that eating a large breakfast helps them feel fuller throughout the day. Others find that they have little appetite in the morning and prefer to save their calories for later in the day when they have more appetite.

Number of meals or snacks doesn't really affect things except from a hunger/satiety viewpoint. Eat however makes you feel satisfied within your calorie budget.
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    Whatever makes it easiest for you to hit your calorie goal.

Some people prefer to have breakfast, others don't. Same with snacks.

• NovusDies
    NovusDies Posts: 8,940 Member
    edited June 2018
    Options
    Your pattern should be whatever it is that comes naturally for you. Eating patterns do nothing to assist weight loss so be as comfortable and happy as you can be. Trying to go against your natural patterns can make you miserable which is never a good thing.
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    Have breakfast if you want. Skip it and have another snack if you want.
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options
    Why exactly do you think it matters beyond personal preference?

What strikes you as special or significant about having/not having breakfast, having/not having snacks?
  • Cbean08
    Cbean08 Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    I have breakfast every day at about 6am, somedays a little earlier, somedays a little later. This has zero impact on if I eat snacks or not. Snacks are determined by how my day is organized, the amount of exercise, and hunger levels.