Starting again after 2 years off.

Options
Hey,
Starting MFP again after having 2 back to back pregnancies. Obviously gained alot of weight with having kids, but still not as heavy as when I first joined! 78lbs to loose.
Struggling to beat the cravings this time round though :( Chocolate, ugh.
My son is only 3 weeks old so not exercising just yet. I am combi feeding IDK how many extra calories I add for that yet.
Looking for friends to motivate! :)

Replies

• 4legsRbetterthan2
    4legsRbetterthan2 Posts: 19,590 MFP Moderator
    Options
    For more info on calorie requirements for bfing and how to easily log it check out the second half of this thread:
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10176233/gaining-weight-during-pregnancy-and-losing-it-post-partum

I also enjoyed this group:
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/639-post-partum-pack

Welcome Back! Congratulations on the two littles!
  • TravisJHunt
    TravisJHunt Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    Good luck! If you've done it before, you can do it again!
  • Andi67
    Andi67 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Welcome back! I just started again after some time off. Once we get back on track, we will be able to stay there. Try to be positive, I am trying too! Not beating myself up, just looking ahead. :smile:
  • sweet82kisses
    sweet82kisses Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Welcome back, hope you achieve your goals and create your perfectly imperfect body. :)
  • SquishyVicki
    SquishyVicki Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    Hi!! I'm back again after 4 years and 2 babies off so feel free to add me! We can do this
  • rilesjoshua
    rilesjoshua Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Congrats! I’m also restarting after a couple years of not actively trying to be healthy. My mindset and goal has finally changed from weight loss to a healthy lifestyle. My attempts before now have never lasted more than 4-5 months, but now I feel different about it. I need to lose about 100 lbs to be at a healthy weight, but it’s seems feasible this time. I just have to constantly remind myself to make healthy choices during every meal every day. And I know about the cravings. Hot carbs are my craving but I know the longer I go with out them, the less I want them. Keep up the good work and stay motivated!
  • Iansmommy123011
    Iansmommy123011 Posts: 872 Member
    Options
    Welcome back!! You or anyone can add me on here for motivation and support 😊
  • SaraMA1
    SaraMA1 Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone, please add me if you are looking for mutual support and interactive friends on MFP. I am starting over after taking some much regretted time off =(
  • amgreenwell
    amgreenwell Posts: 1,268 Member
    Options
    I had two babies in two years myself. My youngest just turned one and the struggle for healthy eating and exercise is real. I am currently back down to my pre-preg weight which I'm loving but I have to eat right every day and run or exercise multiple times a week. It makes me feel good to get my "me time" as well.
    Remember, you'll need between 300-500 extra calories a day for breastfeeding. Talk to your dr or lactation consultant about that.
    Just try to recuperate at this point. Don't push yourself too hard. I'm here to motivate if you'd like to add me.
    Congrats on the two babies!! What a joy!
  • iotterbeinbed
    iotterbeinbed Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Welcome back! Can i add you as a friend? In the last 1.5yrs, I've gone from 112 to 191 (nursing school). I can barely do 10 minutes of cardio - a far cry from running 5k and 10ks. New start.
  • Teamleslie
    Teamleslie Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Im starting again too! Its so hard! Its been 4 years. I have no excuse.
  • AshleighAnn72
    AshleighAnn72 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone. Think I've added you all.
  • AprilMLowe
    AprilMLowe Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    Welcome Back! Congrats on your children!