365 Days... It can be done.

Options
Hi.

I’m trying to moderately calorie cut in order to improve things. My plan is to have 1400 per day every day of the week except for one weekend day. That day I’ll enjoy 2000 calories.

I’ll be doing a daily count till I’ve reached 365 days.

Also will record my weight - not every day - but often.

I’m just trying to get a little more control over my health, my portions, and my weight.

I do exercise regularly, cardio and weights. Right now I weigh about 166lbs. And I’m 5’4”. I’m a 34 year old female.

I welcome any supportive cheers that remind me this is doable!

Today is Day 1 (of 365). :)

Replies

• 88olds
    88olds Posts: 4,477 Member
    Options
    Been reading this board for awhile. You’re one of a few people I recall making calorie counting and tracking the center focus of their effort. It’s usually trips to the gym and X lbs by Y date.

Trust the process. Do the process and the scale will follow.

• CurlFitGirl
    CurlFitGirl Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Thanks, @88olds for saying that. :)
  • CurlFitGirl
    Options
    Day 2 (of 365)
    :)

Weighed in just for reference: 165.3lbs
  • CurlFitGirl
    Options
    Day 3 (of 365).
    Yesterday went a little too high. It was my birthday. I’ll try not to break from plan anymore.
  • CurlFitGirl
    Options
    Day 4 (of 365).
  • Tic78
    Tic78 Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Happy belated birthday and you can do this!!! B)
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Day 3 (of 365).
    Yesterday went a little too high. It was my birthday. I’ll try not to break from plan anymore.

look at your weekly goal, not daily, that way you can fit some treats in.
  • jackie_van_d
    jackie_van_d Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Day 551!!
  • 88olds
    88olds Posts: 4,477 Member
    Options
    Keep tracking. You’ll find you have a better chance of hitting your number with a plan. Some plans are more effective than others. Sometimes execution is better than other times. Keep problem solving.
  • CurlFitGirl
    Options
    Thanks @88olds! You said just what I needed when I needed it!

Mondays are my most difficult days because I have to be up by 3:50A.M. to then work an 8.5 hour shift. I never get more than 2 hours of sleep the night before due to looming background anxiety about sleeping in. Inevitably, Mondays I feel hungry rather early in the day since I’ve been up. And then sleep late at night to get back to regular hours. So, I’ve found that Monday is the day I need the most room for calories. Instead of a weekend day, I think Mondays are best suited for that 2000 cal goal. Then all the other days I’ll try to stay around 1400.

I’ll keep onward! Day by day. Making mistakes and fumbling is fine. I’ll just keep tracking no matter how crazy the day seems.
  • CurlFitGirl
    Options
    And thanks everyone else who chimed in supportively! :)
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    Totally do-able. I've been here maintaining successfully doing similar things for over 7 years now. You got this! B)
  • CurlFitGirl
    Options
    Thank you!
    And now.. Day 5 (of 365).
  • CurlFitGirl
    Options
    I’ll add some more accountability for myself by recording my calories as I update here.

Day 5 (of 365).

Yesterday Goal: 2000 cal
    Yesterday Actual: 1950 cal

Today Goal: 1400 cal
  • Navallez
    Navallez Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    Hi day 6 for me. You're about half my size but we are here for the same reason ;)
  • CurlFitGirl
    Options
    Day 6 (of 365)

Yesterday Goal: 1400
    Yesterday Actual: 1678

Today Goal: 1400

I will keep at it. I did weight train pretty heavy yesterday, but still. Goals are goals. Gotta keep trying.
  • CurlFitGirl
    Options
    Today Actual: 1650

Looks like I’m trending at that number which is still pretty good for the long run.

I’m gonna change my game plan to just keep at 1650 every day, weekends and weekdays.

It’s even more moderate than the previous goal, yet still a number that should produce gradual results.
  • CurlFitGirl
    Options
    Day 7 (of 365).

New Everyday Goal: 1650 cal
    Yesterday Actual: 1633 cal

Today Goal (every day now, including weekends): 1650 cal
  • CurlFitGirl
    Options
    Ok maybe the trend is overeating by 200 calories every day.

Today Goal: 1650
    Today actual: 1850

I’m gonna stick with my original plan after all. And to try not to exceed the 1400 cal, I’ll set a lower goal in the app. That way, when I’m done, I’ll still have room leftover to reach 1400.

It’s an idea anyway.

Onto day 8.
    Also, my legs are getting strong and I can see the muscle growth! I leg pressed 713lbs twice this week.
  • CurlFitGirl
    Options
    Er... um. Today actual: 2300
    So that was week #1. Full of mistakes and a slight lack of focus and commitment.

Onto Week 2 (of 52 weeks).
    And Onto Day 8.