30 day shred and knees

Options
Hi,
Since my run on Tuesday, my right knee has been kind of sore so I've been resting it for a couple of days (swimming, no gym). I just got 30 day shred and was wondering from anyone who has tried it before if it's really tough on my knees. Is it a bad idea to start before I'm 100% better or are there some parts that maybe i can just avoid because I need to do something to keep me active? Any advice on 30ds (or other activities that are knee freely) is greatly appreciated!

Replies

• Dramatic456
    Dramatic456 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I'd say yes. Wait til your totally healed. Theres a lot of squats involved in 30 day shred! Its a very high impact short- workout. I wouldn't reccommend starting it with an injury!
  • deadstarsunburn
    deadstarsunburn Posts: 1,337 Member
    Options
    there's a part in level one she mentions being really good if you have lower body injury it's like boxing. Anyway she always sounds very careful not to injury knees, however you do lots of jumping and stuff, maybe try it out and only put very very light effort into it to see or just watch it. my knees were pretty bad but since I've lost some weight they're okay, maybe pick 30ds back up later on if that's the case for you too.

Good luck =]
  • Chrissy2627
    Options
    I had to stop 30DS due to knee pain. But I think I was doing the lunges and squats wrong the first few days.
  • kiannlouise
    kiannlouise Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    I agree, you're better off resting any injury than making it worse!
    I'm thinking about doing 30-day shred again myself
  • Laurn29
    Laurn29 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    thanks so much! guess i'll give myself a few more days before i try it.
  • sarabig2fit
    sarabig2fit Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    Yes, wait! I agree with others that my knees hurt after doing it. :) GL! Hope you heal quickly!
  • dustyhockeymom
    dustyhockeymom Posts: 537 Member
    Options
    I would wait until your knee is feeling completely better. I experienced a little knee pain, and that was doing the modified version of most of the exercises. There is a lot of jumping, lunges and squats, so those are going to be hard with knee pain to start. I just finished and it's a great workout. I did most of the modified versions to I didn't have knee pain.