Eat to Perform

Options
Is anyone else doing Eat to Perform? I have been on it for about a month and slowly getting my macros where they need to be but with all the extra carbs I am really struggling. My weight is up and I just feel yucky all the time. Just curious if anyone else is/has done the program and struggled. How did you get it to work for you if you are having success?

Replies

• kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    If your goal is weightloss(?) but you're gaining weight, especially if you feel yucky, something isn't right. Are you really gaining weight, or is it fluctuations? Are you feeling physically ill, or are you struggling with letting go of food restrictions?
  • julie_broadhead
    julie_broadhead Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    I’ve done Eat to Perform before. I didn’t experience weight gain with it. Are you weighing and measuring everything? What type of training are you doing?
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    I used ETP in the past and liked the program. I didn't experience any weight gain other than normal daily fluctuations. Once I switched from a weight loss phase to maintenance I did have hot flashes for a bit but those tapered off. I only quit ETP after having a problem with one of the coaches. Now I use their general methodology on my own.
  • CSARdiver
    CSARdiver Posts: 6,252 Member
    Options
    My wife transitioned from MFP to ETP as her goals moved to specifics. She is loving the high carb days and has noticed increased performance on her workouts following these cycles.

I'm considering incorporating some of this as I'm getting serious about obstacle course racing. I would not recommend this program for beginners as there is a higher degree of discipline and foundational skills involved.
  • ReneeSlusar
    ReneeSlusar Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I am doing 1.5 to 2 hours weight training 2-3x per week cardio 2,-3x per week. Have gained 10# in a month doing ETP
  • ReneeSlusar
    Options
    I do Spartans minimum 3x per year
  • ReneeSlusar
    Options
    I don't like my dedicated coach. I feel bloated and weighed down...eat up until bed time to get all food in
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    I don't like my dedicated coach. I feel bloated and weighed down...eat up until bed time to get all food in

That's a big gain. Can you ask for a different coach? I'm not sure how that works. I didn't have a dedicated coach. I was on the "different coach every time" plan.
  • CSARdiver
    CSARdiver Posts: 6,252 Member
    Options
    Yeah it sounds like you are eating too much. My wife has the same issue during the high carb cycling.

Just as perspective my pre-race weight Saturday morning was 217.8. After the Super and Sprint and some unusually salty meals throughout the weekend my Monday morning weight was 227.6 - all water weight from stress and salt and I'll be back to 217ish in a week.

Not sure if water weight is a factor in your case.
  • NaomiDollar
    NaomiDollar Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I just started on Sunday. I am struggling with macros and meal planning...anyone want to be friends?
  • NaomiDollar
    NaomiDollar Posts: 49 Member
    Options

If know a coach you want you can request them in your journal.
  • danigirl1011
    danigirl1011 Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    I agree something may not be right. Not every program or style of eating is right for everyone. I try to keep my macros balanced. I feel when people do too low of carbs, too high of carbs and so on and so on that they just end up not being able to stick to it. Eat balanced, be active. You'll do well.
  • deannalfisher
    deannalfisher Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    i've been doing ETP for close to 2.5 years now - definately agree wiht asking for a different coach - there are certain ones i'm not a fan of - but i get them soo rarely...i know that they transitioned to a more fixed coach model, so def. request a change - i would email them to get it done (those emails mostly go direct to Paul and/or Brad)
  • deannalfisher
    deannalfisher Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    CSARdiver wrote: »
    My wife transitioned from MFP to ETP as her goals moved to specifics. She is loving the high carb days and has noticed increased performance on her workouts following these cycles.

I'm considering incorporating some of this as I'm getting serious about obstacle course racing. I would not recommend this program for beginners as there is a higher degree of discipline and foundational skills involved.

they do assume you have a solid basis for logging etc when you join - a lot of the common issues i see have to do with logging as well as the increase in carbs