New York Newbie

mrsnewyork19
mrsnewyork19 Posts: 9
edited September 19 in Introduce Yourself
Hi everyone! I started MyFitnessPal last week, but this is my first post. Just looking for some inspiration to be a healthier person and maybe lose a few pounds in the process. I just got married in November, and I was happy with my weight at the time. But I have my 10 year high school reunion this year, as well as my husband's, so I want to step it up a little bit and look better than I did in high school! I have tried many diets before and found that Weight Watchers was the easiest and the only one that worked. I am very optimistic about the MFP program, and I hope to get some good results! Nice to meet all of you!

148053.png
Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Easy Calorie Counting

Replies

• Hi everyone! I started MyFitnessPal last week, but this is my first post. Just looking for some inspiration to be a healthier person and maybe lose a few pounds in the process. I just got married in November, and I was happy with my weight at the time. But I have my 10 year high school reunion this year, as well as my husband's, so I want to step it up a little bit and look better than I did in high school! I have tried many diets before and found that Weight Watchers was the easiest and the only one that worked. I am very optimistic about the MFP program, and I hope to get some good results! Nice to meet all of you!

148053.png
  • inkedcelticcross
    inkedcelticcross Posts: 54 Member
    Welcome!

My wife lost 65 pounds on Weight Watchers Online. We are in need of sheading a few now and found MFP. Very similar to WW Online BUT with more interaction from real people. We look forward to hearing about your successes real soon.
  • firewalking
    firewalking Posts: 335 Member
    You have LOTS of support here. It is the first thing that has helped me lose weight and believe me, there isn't a thing I didn't try.

Stay strong, stay focused and welcome!:drinker:
  • LisaZaugg1976
    LisaZaugg1976 Posts: 1,144 Member
    welcome to the boards!!!
  • JessicaN1979
    JessicaN1979 Posts: 142 Member
    Welcome to MFP. This is an amazing site. It makes calorie counting and logging exercise soooo easy. Not to mention the support here is amazing. I have found this site to be so helpful in my weight loss journey and I tell everybody I can about it. Good luck.

125052.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Food Diary
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Welcome to MFP. I just know you will love it here, if you don't already. I love this site. It is so helpful, supportive, motivational, and everyone here is so nice, and friendly. I just wanted to tell you that you made the right choice in joining this site and good luck on your weight loss journey. You can do this.
  • BrenNew
    BrenNew Posts: 3,420 Member
    Hi everyone! I started MyFitnessPal last week, but this is my first post. Just looking for some inspiration to be a healthier person and maybe lose a few pounds in the process. I just got married in November, and I was happy with my weight at the time. But I have my 10 year high school reunion this year, as well as my husband's, so I want to step it up a little bit and look better than I did in high school! I have tried many diets before and found that Weight Watchers was the easiest and the only one that worked. I am very optimistic about the MFP program, and I hope to get some good results! Nice to meet all of you!

148053.png

Hi Mrs. New York, and welcome to THE best site on the web! I did the Weight Watchers thing several different times over the years, as well as just about every other "diet" out there, including hypnosis, TWICE, and I've gotta tell you, NOTHING worked for me until I came here to MFP! (and MFP is FREE!)
    Between the easy to use food counter (which by the way is SUCH an eye opener!) and all the wonderfully supportive members, you WILL be able to lose the weight that you want to, AND, it'll "almost" be easy doing it!
    I recommend logging ALL your foods BEFORE you have them, rather than later, as it tends to lead to better food choices. (not to mention you'll know if you've got enough numbers left to have a night time snack, like I ALWAYS try to do!) Some people also like to weigh and measure some things, such as meats, rather than just estimating and possibly being WAY off!
    Also, drink lots of water, that seems to help alot too. :drinker:
  • Thanks so much for all of the encouragement and support! I am loving MFP so much already!
This discussion has been closed.