5'7"-5'8" ladies. what's YOUR goal???

Options

Replies

• bperry83
    bperry83 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'7'' and my goal is 165-170. i look bad when i'm any lower than that. interesting to see other people's goals who are the same height.
  • Aeriel
    Aeriel Posts: 864 Member
    Options
    5'8" and my goal is 150. I am already a size 8-10 at my current weight. I have also worked on building muscle mass for toning, so I expected to be on the upper middle end of normal for BMI. Forgot to add that I have small bone structure for the most part but still have wide hip bones.
  • 4N6junkie
    Options
    hey My goal is 170.. I do have a large frame and that would already be a huge step for me but.. YEA... 115 is a little scary for a 5'7"-5'8"er. Especially because your a dancer, probably with a good deal of muscle (that is heavy!), 115 could be dangerously small. I would speak with a doctor before you set that goal. From what women in your age/size group.. 138 is the ideal weight. Medically speaking the range is about 125-164 with a BMI of 19-25.
  • Brittshae
    Options
    Wow, my goal weight is 210lbs! You ladies make me feel so big, jk! I am a big girl always have been always will be, but felt my best around 200 when I got preggo with my now-10yr old daughter. I believe i can maintain 210 but would gladly take 200 if my body doesnt fight too hard! Good luck to us all!!!!!

I agree!!! All of this talk makes me feel huge!! I am 5'10 and my goal weight is 195. 115 for anybody over 5'5 is too small!!
  • auntiebabs
    auntiebabs Posts: 1,754 Member
    Options
    The low end of the HEALTHY scale for 5'8" is 121, probably a good Idea to shoot for 125 to have a few lbs wiggle room. So 1 illness doesn't drop you dangerously low.

I'm 5'7" I just switched my goal from 150 to 145. Ideally I'd like to get to 141, but don't know how big a trade off that will be for the type of lifestyle I'd like to live. I don't want food or dieting to be the focus of my life.

I want to be strong enough to go camping and boating and hiking and do lots of other fun stuff. So much more fun now that I fall comfortable in the HEALTHY BMI RANGE .
  • auntiebabs
    auntiebabs Posts: 1,754 Member
    Options
    i am 5'7 and weigh 130lbs my goal is 120lbs but i have been stuck at 130lbs for 4 months and can NOT seem to lose anymore!!

130 is an awesome weight for 5'7" !!!! Enjoy you life and don't waste time stressing over this trust me it won't make your any happier!
    (BTW 118 is ROCK bottom for your height before you go into the unhealthy zone)

Have fun and live awesome life!!!!
  • dancer4275
    dancer4275 Posts: 149
    Options
    Wow, my goal weight is 210lbs! You ladies make me feel so big, jk! I am a big girl always have been always will be, but felt my best around 200 when I got preggo with my now-10yr old daughter. I believe i can maintain 210 but would gladly take 200 if my body doesnt fight too hard! Good luck to us all!!!!!

I agree!!! All of this talk makes me feel huge!! I am 5'10 and my goal weight is 195. 115 for anybody over 5'5 is too small!!

NO! please don't feel that way! No judgement in this group! We're all here to get healthy! I simply asked to get different feedback on people that were the same height but had different goals!
  • lolkt
    lolkt Posts: 2
    Options
    5'9, 115...........
  • dancer4275
    dancer4275 Posts: 149
    Options
    I'm 5'7'' and want to be 140 :) Well, I just want to look good in a bikini soo I guess numbers don't really matter. Why did you choose your goal weight?

my dance instructor wants me to lose weight...the girls with the good bodies in my class are a few inches shorter than me and around 105-115 lbs. so I thought it would be a good weight to get too...
  • spicypepper
    spicypepper Posts: 1,016 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'7 and I refuse to weigh less than 175lbs because I'll lose my curves. I'm almost there!

I'm right there with you. Love my curves, I'm 5'7 and my goal is to be around 180-175.
  • ChantalGG
    ChantalGG Posts: 2,404 Member
    Options
    My goal is 135lb I will not go under 130lb because I dont want to lose my curves but I refuse to be higher than 160lb because i also lose my curves.
  • Gennawest
    Gennawest Posts: 171
    Options
    I'm 5'8. Started at 258, currently 168, would like to be 158.
  • quitmakingexcuses
    quitmakingexcuses Posts: 906 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'7'' and want to be 140 :) Well, I just want to look good in a bikini soo I guess numbers don't really matter. Why did you choose your goal weight?

my dance instructor wants me to lose weight...the girls with the good bodies in my class are a few inches shorter than me and around 105-115 lbs. so I thought it would be a good weight to get too...

Aah ballet? I dance too, but I could never do ballet because of my build. Makes sense though. Well, I'd just say work until you're healthy and thin enough. Don't let the scale tell you where you should be and don't let yourself get TOO small! I know for ballerinas that tiny is normal, so whatever you're comfortable with!
  • JessicaSpotswood
    JessicaSpotswood Posts: 6 Member
    Options

don't feel huge about your weight. i have a small bone frame and the first places i lose weight are in my bust and stomach area. remember ladies sometimes our extra weight is what makes us women and not androgynous. my mother put it best when her doctor asked her why she didn't lose weight. looking down at her ample bust "i look pretty good from here"
  • Stagezz
    Stagezz Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Wow 115 is really low...I would look horrible! lol
    My goal is 160-170.

I am a curvy gal...love my curves just losing the bumps! lol
  • chelscc
    chelscc Posts: 29
    Options
    Wow, so many women want to be the lowest possible in here. I'm 5'8" and my ultimate goal is 155. I do understand on me a very wide shouldered woman 155 would look different on a petite build woman but........ That's my dream goal but for right now my first goal is 220. One step at a time!
  • katyk00
    katyk00 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I'm also 5'7 and I started off at 165, currently 147 and want to be 140 lbs. That would put me at a BMI of 22, which is a good midpoint within the healthy range I think
  • turtleohs
    turtleohs Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    I am 5'8 and weigh 160. My goal is 135-140!
  • coatsie79
    coatsie79 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'8" and would like to get down to 11st (154lbs) and then see how I look and feel. I wouldn't want to go anything below 10st (140lbs) as that would put me below the midpoint of the normal BMI category. If I reach my goal and can maintain my weight anywhere between 160lbs and 140lbs I'd be so pleased. Got to get there first though.:ohwell:
  • gemmie_c
    gemmie_c Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    I am 5'7"-my first goal is 150 lbs to not totally scare myself- but I'd like to see what I would look like at 140. I don't think I'd want to be any smaller than that.
    I just can't see me being able to maintain it for any long period of time.

I just want to be into the middle of the 'healthy weight range' and not feel like a wobbly, lumpy mess.