Healthy snack recommendations?

Options
fickleee
fickleee Posts: 43 Member
Wondering if anybody knew any healthy snacks you could have/make? Thanks!

Replies

• janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    "Healthy" is going to depend on the overall context of your diet.

If you're specific about what "healthy" means to you, we may be able to offer some suggestions.
  • urloved33
    urloved33 Posts: 3,324 Member
    Options
    hummus - fruit - vegies - hard boiled eggs...
  • fickleee
    fickleee Posts: 43 Member
    Options

If you're specific about what "healthy" means to you, we may be able to offer some suggestions.

I would say any specific snacks with high protein. Might be strange with snacks, but that’s really what I need right now.

• kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    fickleee wrote: »

I would say any specific snacks with high protein. Might be strange with snacks, but that’s really what I need right now.
    The problem with this, and the reason you'd have to ask - despite bookstores and the interwebs brimming with recipes and suggestions for healthy snacks - is that the typical (and I really mean "generally appealing") snacks, are low protein. People usually get their protein through typical "meal" foods - meat, fish, eggs, dairy, beans. You could portion any ordinary meal into something small enough to pass for a snack, but if you're satisfied with that, maybe you can just as well wait for that ordinary meal instead.
  • DarianJP
    DarianJP Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Trail Mix, Nuts, Fruit (Any kind of melon, bananas, apples, oranges, etc), baby carrots, pickles, jello, beef jerky, cheese, freeze dried edamame is really high in protein, yogurt cups. I’m sure you’ve probably heard these all before but they’re all relatively quick, easy and things you can eat on the go if you need to.
  • darrenbeckworth
    darrenbeckworth Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Try out different protein bars in the 200 Cal/20g of protein range. There are a ton in that range and everyone seems to have different ones that they prefer.
  • mutantspicy
    mutantspicy Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    High Proteins snack I like, smoked salmon, canned sardines, hard boiled eggs. My go to snack however, are simply raw veggies, baby carrots, snap peas, cherries, tomatoes, cucumbers, that kind of stuff.
  • Jams29
    Jams29 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Beef jerky, just about any nut (I like almonds and cashews), green apples with peanut butter (!!!), berries, baby carrots and hummus, hard boiled eggs, dried seaweed, bananas...so many tasty things!
  • AJB1014
    AJB1014 Posts: 1,380 Member
    Options
    I'm looking for high protein snacks at the moment too - I was drinking a protein shake in the afternoon, and although I don't mind it for breakfast, I'd prefer to chew my food when I'm hungry in the afternoon.

So I'm gonna try; hard boiled eggs, sunkist tuna creations packet, a few slices of deli meat, chicken breast, quest protein chips, roasted chickpeas...I love jerky too but the sodium usually kills me.
  • DarianJP
    DarianJP Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Hey again. Just wanted to let you know I found these things called Enlightened Broad Bean crisps, they’re delicious and only 100 calories per 1 oz serving, they have 7g of protein per serving. They come in sweet and salty flavors. GNC.com is doing free shipping at the moment so I just placed an order for 15, 3oz bags. Lol
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    Greek yogurt and protein bars.
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,503 Member
    Options
    My 3 Go-To's:

apples

hard boiled eggs (with hot sauce!)

raw almonds

..... also, there is always a grilled chicken breast sitting in the 'fridge; food prep is key.