Starting MFP for first time!!Need friends and support!

Options
Hi im matt im 26 years old, i weigh 274lbs, and im ready to change! Im looking for friends and people to help me get started! I really like pop and i know its horrible for me, does anyone have a idea on how to make it easier cause i get horrible headaches if i dont drink it. Thanks and looking forward to meeting some great friends on here!

Replies

• onurd
    onurd Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Hi & welcome to MFP,
    I actually added water to my pop at first then slowly switched to water all together.
    Good luck
  • childofares
    childofares Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I'm in the headache club! I have 1 20 ounce of pepsi a day. I normally drink a few drinks, put the cap back on and drink some water. I do this several times a day so my caffeine is spaced out, but my body is recognizing it. I also drink Zevia soda which doesn't have caffeine, but it makes me feel like I'm drinking soda but without the carbs, sugar, and all the bad stuff. You can usually find it in the organic section but it's a tad pricey.
  • xxTAMxx
    xxTAMxx Posts: 614
    Options
    Hi and Welcome! Pop? I am sorry I am from Australia and not sure what pop is - is it soft drink?
    Silly me...feel free to add me :happy:
  • childofares
    childofares Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Hi and Welcome! Pop? I am sorry I am from Australia and not sure what pop is - is it soft drink?
    Silly me...feel free to add me :happy:

Haha yeah pop is the Midwestern word for a soft drink. When I was in England I got tons of strange looks when I asked for a pop. I guess I should stay out of Australia too then :)
  • xxTAMxx
    xxTAMxx Posts: 614
    Options
    Thank you - see you do learn something new every day :laugh:
  • skwizgaar
    Options
    hi i work for a restaurant and we get free soda so i drink alot of it. ive been looking for a substitute and found something good. its called Kombucha. its a fermented tea. i know i thought it sounded weird at first too...but its naturally fizzy only a total of like 60 calories for 16 oz and only has 8 grams of sugar per 16 oz!!! its awesome. it also has probiotics which help your digestive system, and tastes great. I drink G.T.'s strawberry Kombucha.
  • BigDaddyBRC
    BigDaddyBRC Posts: 2,395 Member
    Options
    Your headaches come from a depleat of caffein. Switch to coffee maybe an answer. Nonetheless, look at how much your intake is. Cut it every 3 days by a little at a time. Eventually, you'll be free of it. What's better...all the carbonated water in pop bloats you, so that helps a TON