#NakedCleaningIsAThing

Does anyone else clean their house naked? Yeaahhh, me neither. (eye roll) I have no idea why scrubbing my bathtub naked is completely satisfying, but it is! I seriously have to get in the right mind set before I clean and somehow getting naked always helps motivate me. And, of course... after I clean, I enjoy a nice hot bath with subtle old school rap music playing in the background as I consume a bowl of guilt free vanilla ice cream. Oh come on, you know you do this too! Especially if you have a huge bathtub and cannot clean the other side because of how big it is... so you literally have to get naked and get in the tub just to clean it. I am a little upset though, I went to add this into my daily exercise routine and it popped up, "No Matches Found". MyFitnessPal, can you please add this as an exercise? On a side note, how many calories do you think I burned? My guess is none because I ate the guilt free vanilla ice cream afterwards. Maybe if I get enough likes on this then MyFitnessPal will have no choice but to add this as an exercise?

#DreamBigTheySaid

Replies

• DanZiehm
    DanZiehm Posts: 152 Member
    Laundry and house cleaning are best done naked, in my opinion! With the laundry, I know all of my clothes are washed and cleaned and I'm ready for another week. For the housecleaning, I just like to torment my wife and remind her that most spouses wouldn't complain if their other half was doing house cleaning, naked or not! She just rolls her eyes and I continue vacuuming...
  • kgeyser
    kgeyser Posts: 22,505 Member
    You know how scientists have found when you flush the toilet with the lid open, the bacteria flies out and covers everything in the immediate vicinity? That's pretty much how I am picturing naked bathroom cleaning, and being covered in human waste bacteria just doesn't seem awesome to me.
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    I tried naked cleaning once, but it didn't go down well with the rest of the office staff!!!

And that will be another trip to HR for you. :laugh:
  • snickerscharlie
    snickerscharlie Posts: 8,578 Member
    Unless your bathtub is really filthy and you're scrubbing it with your toothbrush for hours and working up a sweat, general 'life' activities like this are already accounted for in what would be considered normal daily activities.

Not gonna comment on the naked part...
  • snickerscharlie
    snickerscharlie Posts: 8,578 Member
    kgeyser wrote: »
    You know how scientists have found when you flush the toilet with the lid open, the bacteria flies out and covers everything in the immediate vicinity? That's pretty much how I am picturing naked bathroom cleaning, and being covered in human waste bacteria just doesn't seem awesome to me.

Also read that those hot-air hand dryers in public bathrooms spread bacteria everywhere. :s
  • 100_PROOF_
    100_PROOF_ Posts: 1,168 Member
    I don't log daily activities like that. Walking to the mailbox or cleaning my tub is stuff that I do every day no matter what. It's accounted for already in my calories.
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Cleaning naked burns fewer calories because you're not carrying the weight of clothes.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Is this a fetish fishing post?? :huh:
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member

You obviously missed yesterdays TMI post.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    nutmegoreo wrote: »

You obviously missed yesterdays TMI post.

Yeah I did, I can't keep up with it all. I usually miss all the goodens/weird *kitten* :#
  • sgt1372
    sgt1372 Posts: 3,977 Member
    I do a variety of things naked but cleaning is not one of them.
  • LIBOR_cat
    LIBOR_cat Posts: 197 Member
    I ironed my shirt naked one time and it did not end well. They need to manufacture taller iron boards and I’m in the process of suing target.