belly fat..

Options
Ill keep it short and simple.. I have surgery on the 25th, but ill be ready to go in 4-5 months. I want a plan ready so I can jump this last hurdle before next summer. I turn 21 the first day I get to Myrtle Beach and I want to play *kitten* on the beach with my shirt off and a beer in hand. Is that so much to ask?

I know you cant target fat, but if anyone has won a battle against oblique and ab fat then please fill me in on your secret. Tell me exactly what you did -- videos (which ones), weight training (how many days per week and how long each day), cardio (what kind and how long), etc..

Thanks in advance. Please tell your MFP friends to look at the post, I want as many answers as possible.

Replies

• mrphil86
    mrphil86 Posts: 2,382 Member
    Options
    That's a very hard question to answer. There are thousands of ways to loose belly fat.

You've already identified cardio. Thats the biggest key. It's not easy and it won't fall into your lap but it will go away if you keep at it. Some people have a harder time with belly fat, that's it. There is no magically formula of a workout and diet that will help.

Weight loss is weight loss, just keep on trucking and you'll get there. I promise.
  • Tamstar1985
    Tamstar1985 Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    cutting out alcohol really can help reduce your belly fat specifically... just make sure you are doing ab work at the same time, so that when you lose fat, you've got some nice muscle to show off. lots of strength training (go heavy, man!) will help reduce your overall body fat, which will make your tummy look better.

as well, they say great abs are made in the kitchen... so if you eat clean, whole foods about 90% of the time, you should be good to go!

add me if you want :) perhaps we can share some advice!!
  • tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    Options
    ^ What MrPhil said. Where you lose fat is genetic, nothing you can do to change it. Eventually it all comes off. There are no tricks to it.
  • grimms11208
    grimms11208 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    INSANITY! I lost 2 inches around my waist alone in one week...They are hard but they are also fast and I am never bored! I am only on the first month about to start the second month...which is harder, a little scared! But, I could ot recommend anything more! I am addicted!
  • pkgirrl
    pkgirrl Posts: 587
    Options
    If you're looking to get shredded 6 pack abs, it 90% nutrition. You can build all of the muscle you want, and lose fat however you like but only to a point. And then it's clean food and mean workout ;)
  • tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    Options
    At a certain percentage of body fat, the abs show. It's really that simple. There's no specific food, diet, or exercise needed. Of course the percentage required is different for every person.
  • azheelshock
    Options
    Ill keep it short and simple.. I have surgery on the 25th, but ill be ready to go in 4-5 months. I want a plan ready so I can jump this last hurdle before next summer. I turn 21 the first day I get to Myrtle Beach and I want to play *kitten* on the beach with my shirt off and a beer in hand. Is that so much to ask?

I know you cant target fat, but if anyone has won a battle against oblique and ab fat then please fill me in on your secret. Tell me exactly what you did -- videos (which ones), weight training (how many days per week and how long each day), cardio (what kind and how long), etc..

Thanks in advance. Please tell your MFP friends to look at the post, I want as many answers as possible.

We have a home in Myrtle Beach. Let me tell you from experience, nobody cares what you look like when you take your shirt off there. They don't call it the Redneck Riviera for nothin'!

So, no matter what you look like when you do make it there, just have a good time (and go slow with the alcohol).
  • MJStory
    MJStory Posts: 42
    Options
    There's a simple way to beat the belly fat:
  • MJStory
    MJStory Posts: 42
    Options
    There's a simple way to beat the belly fat: This is the way I lost mine without dieting:

BACK & SIDE OBLIQUE BENDS

Stand upright, keeping legs & pelvis aligned at all times.
    Lift arms above head in the same plane as your body while standing erect.
    Move slowly during these exercises to avoid any possible muscle tears.

Keeping your legs straight,
    Slowly lean backward keeping your arms in the same plane as your upper torso at all times for all exercises.
    Start with 5 or more repetitions, and gradually increase to 10 reps twice / day
    1) slowly lean backward, keeping your arms in the same plane as your torso
    and hold briefly,
    then slowly to upright position, repeat
    2) slowly lean torso & extended arms toward Rt rear (45 degrees from original position)
    don't bend at the waist, just lean into it with arms also extended in the same direction and hold
    slowly return to upright, repeat
    3) slowly lean torso & extended arms toward Lt rear (45 degrees from original position)
    don't bend at the waist, just lean into it with arms also extended in the same direction and hold
    slowly return to upright, repeat

If you do the exercises correctly, you will be sore for days. I've been teaching it to the members of my church,
    and they say it really works for them.