ughh. frustrated :/

Options
I am just a bit frustrated. I have lost 61 lbs in 16 months. And I am very proud of myself for the accomplishment. And also very aware that I didnt put it on in a day so I dont expect it to come off in a day.

I am one of the most motivated people I know lol. I work out 3-7 times a week vigorously. But I am at a plateau. I am frustrated. Not a scale nazi but man. I just feel like all my hard work isnt paying off. I stay within my calorie range. My workouts are honestly TOUGH. I sweat like no ones business and I am usually not a sweater! I do need to up my water intake.

I just need some ideas. Anything anyone has tried at a plateau...things that you have changed and it made a difference? I have one month to real one of my goals. I just dont wanna hit a slump and be like forget this lol. Or maybe I am having and off day.

IDK any tips or thoughts would be lovely =)

Replies

• eeeekie
    eeeekie Posts: 1,011 Member
    Options
    I would say open your diary so you can get some true advice. Without knowing how you're eating, what your eating or how many calories you're consuming vs working out no one can truly give you sound advice.

My guess after reading your post is you're not eating ENOUGH.
  • xraychick77
    xraychick77 Posts: 1,775 Member
    Options
    you have to remember and keep in mind that the smaller you get, the harder it is to lose weight. recaculate your T.E.E.

try taking a break for a few weeks to decondition your body. i take about a week off every month and a half to two months.
  • smelmel
    smelmel Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Hi, when I plateued I started tracking my sugar and the weight just fell off though I did have a headache for a few days, I used stevia instead, goodluck and hang in there!
  • rebmatthews2002
    rebmatthews2002 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    This is quite a good article.

http://www.marksdailyapple.com/weight-loss-plateau/

It's hard when you hit a plateau, especially when you're trying hard, I've had that for the last 2 weeks. But the best thing to do is keep keeping on and make a few small changes to see if it helps.
  • pkarim
    pkarim Posts: 171
    Options
    Increase your protein and decrease your carbs. Thats how I broke my plateau every single time.
  • samanthalynne21
    samanthalynne21 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Oh but i do! Lol after workouts I get like 2000 calories for the day. So I usually have 200-300 left because I'm just not hungry. Idk. Maybe my body is just in a rutt

I would say open your diary so you can get some true advice. Without knowing how you're eating, what your eating or how many calories you're consuming vs working out no one can truly give you sound advice.

• bmmadden
    bmmadden Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    Ive heard zigzagging calories really helps, but whatever you do just hang in there your hard will pay off, try a few of all the tips you get on here, experiment with your body and see what works, and you will get there!
  • AliDarling
    AliDarling Posts: 373
    Options
    ry rearaging your work outs. on the day of cycling, do jillian michels, or try something new :) you'll bust throiugh it just like you did 200:happy:
  • rjvt006
    rjvt006 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    switch up excersise routines. add some strengh training(not sure if you do this already or not) I feel thats why most people get stuck your body gets use to what you are doing and it becomes"routine".
  • khrys1
    khrys1 Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    As another poster said, when you lose weight, you need fewer calories per day. MFP DOESN'T automatically adjust that for you- as you lose pounds, just go into your "goals" again. Don't change anything, just go all the way through and save. That will adjust your daily calories for you.

Also, I've found that zig-zagging calories has worked for me (have one or two days OVER your calories each week). This kind of shocks your body and can get weight loss happening again, as it gets used to having the same amount each day.
  • eeeekie
    eeeekie Posts: 1,011 Member
    Options
    Oh but i do! Lol after workouts I get like 2000 calories for the day. So I usually have 200-300 left because I'm just not hungry. Idk. Maybe my body is just in a rutt

IDK what your goal is but when you workout and you gained 600+ calories from exercise...or whatever the number may be. What is your net calories at the end of the day? If you're only netting 300 calories you're not eating enough is what I'm saying.