protein shakes

Options
emilyhultin
emilyhultin Posts: 38 Member
i love drinking protein shakes, and usually drink one for a meal replacement a few times a week. but i’ve been using the same recipe for forever, and i’m looking to switch things up a bit! does anyone have any good recipes that use chocolate protein powder?

Replies

• peaceout_aly
    peaceout_aly Posts: 2,018 Member
    Options
    Not a big chocolate protein person, but adding a banana or 1-2 T. Sugar-free Jello Pudding Powder could add a little pizzaz. Try the cheesecake flavor and top with some graham crackers, raspberries and strawberries. A banana and PB for a totally new take on chocolate protein shakes, or even sprinkles and white chocolate flavor of the pudding powder for a "birthday cake" sweet tooth take.
  • mutantspicy
    mutantspicy Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    ^I agree I prefer to use vanilla protein, so it doesn't dominate the flava and I add can my own fruit to it. Banana is a go to, its tasty and thickens the texture. I add low fat yogurt as well. But blue berries, strawberries, raspberries work with chocolate. Coconut oil really creams it up and adds flava. I like the reeses peanut butter cup Idea. Cherries are great too if you want to take the time to de pit them.
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,752 Member
    Options
    Do you mean a smoothie recipe?

Chocolate, raspberries and PB is always a good combo
  • shinycrazy
    shinycrazy Posts: 1,081 Member
    Options
    Coffee! My morning shake is 300ml homemade cold brew coffee, 250ml unsweetened vanilla almond milk, vanilla flavored stevia drops, and 36g of Elevation vanilla protein powder. This combo would work great with chocolate powder instead.
  • sugarnspice0613
    sugarnspice0613 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Add a scoop of pb2.

One of my favorite combinations is coconut with chocolate. Add coconut milk to the chocolate protein powder.

If you use Pinterest, there are a million recipes that use protein powders for ice cream, brownies, muffins, cakes, pancakes, and pudding—basically anything it seems.

• ayoungsanchez
    ayoungsanchez Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    My favorite to add to chocolate protein shake is peanut butter. I also freeze banana halves and use one at a time in shakes. They keep longer frozen. Almond milk is a good substitute for regular milk and adds a different flavor. Oatmeal, cinnamon, and vanilla give an oatmeal cookie taste. I’ve done instant coffee so it tastes like a cold brew. There’s a banana split one that you add banana, strawberries, and your favorite nuts. Like aforementioned, Pinterest!
  • Pawx3
    Pawx3 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Try Premiere Protein shakes. Caramel and strawberries and cream as well as peaches and cream are great
  • nickhinds88
    nickhinds88 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    If you live in the states or Canada most grocery stores sell powdered peanut butter ( PB2, jiff,pb&me) sugar free fat free pudding mixes, and walden farms sugar free syrups. All of these things can turn your repetitive protein shake into a macro friendly dessert. Also if you want a even thicker shake or smoothie, add a half teaspoon of xanthan gum to it and some ice and blend the *kitten* out of it, volume.