Power Yoga

Options
While it may not burn as much as an hour on a treadmill or spin class it does work! The class tones and strengthens. I find that I eat less when I take yoga too. I think it is because of the calm I feel after class. I have found a great studio near my house and it is my "go to" for most exercise. Your body does adjust to the exercise though so I mix it up with cardio and various classes at my gym.

Replies

• L1zardQueen
    L1zardQueen Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    I find I am never hungry after a cardio workout, not sure why. But when I do get hungry, get out of my way!! LOL
  • nicolehorn0114
    nicolehorn0114 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I prefer gentle yoga. It doesn’t burn a lot of calories, but it really helps reduce my anxiety and develop mindfulness which keeps me from binge eating.
  • Candyspun
    Candyspun Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    I was thinking about trying a power yoga video, but was wondering what they do that is different? Do they mostly use traditional yoga poses that encourage strength, or do they add non traditional stuff as well?
  • bsmaltz2
    bsmaltz2 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I have taken yoga for several years and there are many types of yoga. Power yoga tends to have a faster flow and will build strength and burn more calories. I like all types. If I have had several strenuous exercises and I am sore from lifting weights or tired then I will opt for a yin or gentle yoga. It depends on what you want to get out of it. It definitely is calming and helps develop mindfulness. Namaste :)