high energy, low calorie salad recipe anyone

Oliversmummyx
Oliversmummyx Posts: 50
edited October 1 in Food and Nutrition
HI,
As the title suggests I'm looking for a salad recipe that's gives a bit of an energy boost but low cal (up to 200)

During the day I'm very lethargic and going some super foods may do the trick.....but clueless lol
Thanks in advance

Replies

• randa_behnam
    randa_behnam Posts: 488 Member
    Egg, ham/chicken or tuna and loads of salad leaves.

for dressings only use lemon/limes and vinegar.

I usually have this salad and the protein keeps you full for longer and you can have as much leaves as you want.
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,423 Member
    Here's todays' lunch, it was really yummy and the egg and tuna makes it filling. I don't use dressing, just a little bit of balsamic vinegar but as the tuna has chilli it really doesn't need it.
    If you wanted to drop the cals you could leave out the corn, but I wanted a few carbs in there.
    I cook the brocoli and cauliflower in the microwave for a minute, but you could add them raw if you like it that way.
    Basically it is made up of whatever leaves or veggies are hanging around in the fridge, so is a little different everytime.
    Cherry tomatoes are a great addition or left over baked or boiled sweet potatoes, cooked mushrooms... you get the idea!

2lyzbn.jpg
  • This is what I like to have in a salad, sometimes I would replace the egg and beef with cheese and chutney, but that has a few extra calories. I would also increase the amount of potato if I could afford the calories as I find the carbs get me through the day.

Salad - Basic Mixed Salad- Lettuce, Tomato, Cucumber, Radishes, Pepper, 2 cup 25
    Hellmans - Extra Light Mayonaise, 1 tbsp / 16g 12
    Kraft - Light French Dressing, 15 ml 6
    Generic - New Raw Potatoes, 50 g/ 5 oz 37
    Egg - Small, 1 egg 60
    Tesco - British Roast Beef Slices, 1 slice 38
    Add Ingredient
    Total: 178
This discussion has been closed.