Greetings to you all!!!

Options
Hey everyone! I am a 25 year old mother of two beautiful daughters, ages 3 and 2. I have been overweight my entire life, and by now, my size has consumed everything about me. I have been afraid to "live" literally, because of my size. I want to be a great mother to my daughters, but have found myself limiting their activities, because I have to accommodate myself. I have become literally embarrassed, disgusted and angry with the person I am today. I am fed up with being obese and have decided to take this journey for once and for all. I have tried everything from slim fast, to atkins, to the cabbage soup diet, to diet pills, and many others, and I am ready for a LIFESTYLE change! I do NOT want to be on another diet, but rather, change my LIFE, and after hearing about this website on the today show, by a woman who lost over 300 pounds, with the help of this site, I decided to give it a try. I am staying positive and truly feel that this website, and all of you on here, will be the extra support I need, to get to my goal.
SW: 320lbs
CW:320lbs
GW:130-150 (not really sure yet on this, as I have never seen this weight since probably 7th grade)
Height: 5'8

Replies

• KatieCuth
    KatieCuth Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    Good luck on your journey and welcome to MFP...Katie
  • avimoo
    avimoo Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    welcome! :smile:

I am doing this for my kids aswell. you will get lots of support and motivation here. You have the right outlook. Never think of it as a diet . It is getting healthier. You can do this. We are all here to help you on your journey.

feel free to add me
  • runpiggyrun
    Options
    Hi hun

Well done on joining MFP and taking the first steps to your lifestyle change. I find the minute I say diet Im in trouble already and want everything even if I dont eat it. Keeping the food diary is fab I write down and weigh everything I have even if its naughty. Do a little exercise and you will soon see the lbs start falling off. Good luck and keep us posted xx
  • Wendy5832
    Wendy5832 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Good on you for being ready to make life changes - although I have only been on this site for a few days I fine it is just fantastic, lots of support whenever you require it no matter what time of day or night it is because this site is world wide, I have sent a friend request and look forward to swapping our highs and lows together - good luck
  • BekJ
    BekJ Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    You've definately come to the right place... And with right attitude...
    It is definitely a lifestyle change, not a diet...

I wish you all the best on your journey... And feel free to add me if you need/want encouragement and support!!!