Better College Habits

Options
As a college students, there does not seem enough time to eat healthy or go to gym. I am looking for a group of college students in the similar situation to help each other stay accountable. Once I am on my schedule/habit the gym gets easier (Still have to get back on the grind). Going out to eat remains being the issue.

Replies

• Themajez
    Themajez Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I'm a university student, I go to university 7 days a week. I haven't found eating at university particularly difficult with the exception of vegetables since I live in my car and don't have access to refrigeration. I don't want to go to the supermarket daily. What problems with food do you have?
  • AmberGlitterSparkles
    AmberGlitterSparkles Posts: 699 Member
    edited June 2018
    Options
    I know it’s hard, but we make time for the things that are import to us. Again, I’m not saying it’s easy. Trust me, it doesn’t get easier out of college either. That’s why you need to buckle down and make it a priority now. Because the “right time” will never come. There will always be something ready to derail you off your course. I always say if I could go back to when I was in college I would tell myself “work harder now, so that you don’t have to later!” Now, I’m a 35 year old woman. I have two kids, one is autistic and the other in her terrible two’s. My husband works opposite shifts than I do, so I’m alone with the kids every night having to do all the cooking cleaning, bathing, homework helping etc. I’m the training director for a top 10 Fortune 500 company. I work 60+ a week, and am on call 24/7 365. If that’s not enough, my company wants to promote me but can’t with out a masters, so I’m also a full time student. I telling you, I wish I would have done all of these things long long ago. I kept putting everything off thinking a better time would come and it never did. So please, learn from my lesson.
  • missysippy930
    missysippy930 Posts: 2,577 Member
    Options
    Agree with AmberGlitter.
    You never know how it really is until you get out in the real world.
    Enjoy your college experience because life gets more complicated after college.
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    Eating out is always a challenge. There are lots of threads on here about managing eating out. Develop your strategies now and they will serve you well for many years!