70+ Down!

Options
beastmode_kitty
beastmode_kitty Posts: 842 Member
edited June 2018 in Success Stories
After seeing so many successful stories, I decided to share my own story!

I started my journey when I looked at myself in the mirror, stepped on the scale, and just generally was fed up with what I had let myself become. A 235 pound, very unhappy, very unhealthy woman.

This is where that 235 pound woman would cease to exist, where that 235 pound woman would finally gain control, and take back her life.

I tried many things, tried Weight Watchers, LA Weightloss, as well as Curves. I found that none of this would work for me, couldn’t stay motivated enough. Sure I’d lose a pound here and there, but then I’d gain it back and then some. I’d get frustrated with myself and eventually just give up, and give in. Like every typical diet that is out there. Quick fixes are not the answer.

That lasted until 2013 when a new gym facility opened up close to my work. Let me tell you, Snap Fitness had saved my life! I started going at least 4 times a week, and logged all my food on MyFitnessPal, and before I knew it, the pounds as well as the inches were coming off.

3+years ago I ran in my very first marathon, granted it was a relay race, but my leg of it was approximately 7kms. I had never ever thought in a million years that I would ever attempt something like this. In the past year alone I have accomplished many things that I never thought I would. I’ve lifted weights I never thought I could, I even biked a total of 63 kms in one day! Yes one day, it was tough, I felt sick after, but I pushed my body to new limits that I never could before.

One thing I have learned through this journey so far, is its not so much the number on the scale, it is how you feel as a person as a whole. Your strength, you confidence, and your overall well-being is really what your transformation journey is all about, its a foundation that you use to build yourself up and achieve new goals.

I may have a goal weight in mind, but my journey will NEVER be over. Why? This is a life-style change, not a diet, not a fad, but a life-style change. I will push my body to new limits, I will forever challenge myself. That 235 pound woman is gone forever, and I proudly stand around 160 pounds into size medium to large in shirts and about a size 10/12 in pants. I lift weights 4 times a week, split routine, with 1 day of dedicated cardio.

This journey is far from over for me. I continue to work hard, train hard, and enjoying this lifestyle. My goals in the future are to get certified to help others on their journey and just continue to be a happy healthy strong & confident woman I have always wanted to be!

2011 - 2018

d478qk6zrn19.jpg
ahditc4fs6he.jpg

Replies

Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!