Keto / Intermittent Fasting friends

Options
Hello there!

I have been trying keto and IF for a couple of days now and I am loving it so far!

I would like to meet new keto/IF friends to share this journey with. Feel free to add me if you can relate I'd love to hear your experience and exchange recipes too!

Replies

• GeorgeGCT
    GeorgeGCT Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I added you. Always nice to share stories and help give support.
  • Swtnnj
    Swtnnj Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hello all I'm new to keto and IF, I need to lose 120lbs to reach goal and just tired of yoyo diets. Joined group for ideas and learning the ropes from others.
  • P90XBowler99
    P90XBowler99 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Just discovered it myself, down 6 lbs this week, wow!
  • rachdevlin07
    rachdevlin07 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hello!
    I have been on Keto for officially two months today! I absolutely love it!
  • jennalemon
    jennalemon Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I am on my way to the library to get some health and diet books for inspiration and know-how. I've put myself on my library's wait list for a few of the Keto books...they see very popular. Anyone have book suggestion both Keto and other than Keto? I would like to to loose 20 lbs. I am 69 and I ache when I do too much exercising. But I am determined to keep up my health as I am feeling the effects of aging and want to be as fit as I can be. I was always skinny when I was young but after menopause, gained 60 lbs. Any suggestions?
  • myfitjrny
    myfitjrny Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Same, I've been doing Keto / IF (primarily 24 hour fasts every day) I eat breakfast only, but sometimes if I'm really hungry or just craving something in the evening I'll eat a very small snack. As of today, I've lost 54 lbs with 26 left to meet my goal.
  • t66jackie
    t66jackie Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Ive added you as a friend. I am trying Keto/IF and trying to eat my meals between 11 and 7 most days, its working for me if I work through the morning mindset of thinking I need food because of life time of routine
  • jeaninebyrom9707
    jeaninebyrom9707 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I would love to join in, I have attempted kept so many times in the past few months but peanut haagen Dasz ice-cream keeps on mysteriously ending up in my freezer! I need support! i have been doing IF (16:8) for a good few months effortlessly but no change in weight, i guess this is down to bad food choices during my feed window!
  • Porcinette
    Porcinette Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone for the adds!!!!! :):):):)
  • juliZ2
    juliZ2 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Here some links that I've found to be very helpful. Lot's of general information and hundreds of recipes and meal plans. dietdoctor.com, ketoconnect.com, Cooking Keto with Kristie (YouTube channel). Good luck! LCHF (low carb high fat) plus Intermittent fasting has worked great for me.
  • myfitjrny
    myfitjrny Posts: 2 Member
    edited June 2018
    Options
    JennaLemon, some books I've personally added to my library are; The Obesity Code, The Art and Science of Low Carbohydrate Living, and Genocide: How your doctor's dietary ignorance will kill you.
  • Porcinette
    Options
    juliZ2 wrote: »
    Here some links that I've found to be very helpful. Lot's of general information and hundreds of recipes and meal plans. dietdoctor.com, ketoconnect.com, Cooking Keto with Kristie (YouTube channel). Good luck! LCHF (low carb high fat) plus Intermittent fasting has worked great for me.

Thank you so much!
  • Cigna88
    Cigna88 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hello,

I just started Keto about 2 weeks ago myself. Always looking for new recipes, tips and tricks to make it easier. I think I need to learn how to make almond flour rolls and almond flour crackers to help satisfy my craving for some sort of bread like item with meals. Just seems weird to eat a burger with no bun!

Has anyone here tried the fat head pizza dough? I want to try that sometime so it doesn't feel like I can never have pizza again. I have done the cauliflower pizza crusts and that was fine, but it just isn't the same as pizza! I am open to anyone that wants to friend me and share tips or encouragement. Thanks.
  • jeaninebyrom9707
    Options
    I have been listening to interviews on youtube by Mark Sisson and ordered his book "Keto Reset". He makes a lot of sense and is good at explaining the science behind keto.
    I have come to the conclusion I cannot have a cheat meal or a cheat day as I just go bananas!
  • Porcinette
    Options
    Thank you for the adds abd the info! I'll take a look :)
  • amybethjack
    amybethjack Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I've been eating keto for two months. I've lost 25 pounds and six inches in my waist and so far I'm loving it. Feel free to add me (especially if you share your food diary since I like to look at others to get ideas for myself).
  • jeaninebyrom9707
    Options
    tonight I am eating fajitas with ice berg lettuce wraps plus plenty of guacamole! yummy
    and no ice cream!!
  • LyfeCh4ng3z
    LyfeCh4ng3z Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    ok what is the Definition of intermittent fasting? doesnt that slow your metabolism? Confused and New.
  • Porcinette
    Options
    I've been eating keto for two months. I've lost 25 pounds and six inches in my waist and so far I'm loving it. Feel free to add me (especially if you share your food diary since I like to look at others to get ideas for myself).

Sooooo inspiring ! Thank you!
  • Porcinette
    Options
    ok what is the Definition of intermittent fasting? doesnt that slow your metabolism? Confused and New.

From Healthline.com

Intermittent fasting is an eating pattern where you cycle between periods of eating and fasting.