Apple SHAPED people?

Options
2»

Replies

• hannavasgreen
    hannavasgreen Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    You're not alone! I can never find jeans tight enough for my legs because my stomach is too big. Sad. I always look like I'm rockin' the baggy jeans.

I have this problem too and I'm wondering if any other apple shapes have found a certain brand or style of jeans that might fit our shape a little better? I have a pair of size 8's right now that I really want to wear. They fit really well everywhere except the stomach. The muffin top is not attractive. But when I eventually get my stomach down a little more I have a feeling the jeans will be baggy everywhere else. Just wondering if anyone else has found jeans that are sized a little bigger in the waist and slimmer everywhere else.

I'm an apple. I only want to lose about 10 pounds and I think I carry most of that in my torso. Its always a struggle to find jeans. The best jeans I have ever found are the flirt skinny jeans from old navy. But just my luck they discontinued them earlier this year. They are wonderful and I'm trying to keep them in the best shape possible. They do make them in bootcut, but I like skinny jeans. I have tried on sooooo many diffrent pairs since the flirt skinnies have been discontinued like probably every style @ gap, jcrew, loft, old navy, ae, target, levis......the new denizen line at target fits me pretty well, but only available in bootcut.

Interested in chinos? The waverly chino at jcrew is awesome as well as the marissa fit at loft.
  • Icecruncher
    Options
    I used to be an hourglass.. back before I gained weight. Now, I'm a sad apple. :(

The best jeans I've found are from Old Navy... http://oldnavy.gap.com/browse/product.do?cid=48657&vid=8&pid=770204
    I also wear a http://www.herroom.com/flexees-2656-ultimate-slimmer-wear-your-own-bra-torsette.shtml That keeps my stomach held in so I don't get that weird muffin top thing going that I get no matter what size pants I wear.
  • Moonlight17
    Moonlight17 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    So we are hour glass figures amidst all this fat! That is mega encouraging now lol!
  • Jenlwb
    Jenlwb Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    Another apple checking in!! Both my parents are too, skinny everywhere else except the belly. Soooo many times people have asked me when i'm due...

And everytime i lose weight it immediately departs my boobs first, then my butt. Then people tell me i'm too scrawny as if i can magically put weight in the 'womanly' places and not my podgy belly!!

And yes i do lots of ab work, there's a six pack under the podge.
  • kellybones
    kellybones Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    Another apple here, though I think a keg might be a more apt desciption of my physical shape.

I've always thought of myself as a keg or a barrel shape personally!
  • miwlk0829
    Options
    I think I am an Apple but most days I feel like a meatball with legs......
  • ConfidenceNMe
    Options
    I read a health book & there's good & bad news about being apple shaped. The good news is we'll be able to lose the weight easier than pear shaped. The bad news is, we're more prone to cardiovascular problems high blood pressure and diabetes, because most of our fat is located around our internal organs. So, we'll be able to lose it easier which will make us LESS likely to deal with the bad news :) just thought I'd let you know!