Pizza Express and Zizzis

Options
Hello Everyone!

I was wondering if anyone from the UK had any advice on the best low-cal options to go for in Pizza Express and Zizzis? I know Pizza Express do lots of salads, but salads can be much higher in cals than you may think!

If anyone has any advice, I'd really appreciate it!

xxx

Replies

• mags1983
    mags1983 Posts: 21
    Options
    :smile: I would be interested to know as well.
  • michelleion
    michelleion Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    At Pizza Express, I get the Leggera pizzas (they have a hole in the middle filled with salad), and come out to around 500 calories, and at a resturant like Zizzi, I'd get whatever pizza I wanted and eat only half of it (would probably come out to around 450 cals, depending on toppings of course) and get an undressed side salad to accompany it, then take the other half home for the next day, or I'd get a pasta with a tomato sauce, which is going to be much lower in calorie than a pasta in a creamy sauce or with a ton of cheese with it. You might still have to save up for the meal's calories thoughout the day, but it would be worth it. I know that if I just had a salad at a restaurant like that, I'd feel deprived for sure! :)
  • lulabellarama
    lulabellarama Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    http://www.pizzaexpress.com/our-food/nutrition/calorie-tables.aspx

I love the Bosco salad. If you get it without dough sticks it's 560cals

Or get your fave pizza, but only have half and take the rest home for another meal tomorrow.
  • Mrswilko
    Mrswilko Posts: 26
    Options
    I tend to go for the salad option at Pizza express, ask for the dressing on the side and leave the bread sticks that come with it. (I'm low carbing too though...) Think it works out about 400 cals if you do that (I get one of the chicken ones, can't remember what it's called!)

I always struggle with Zizzi's so tend to avoid it but at Cafe Rouge they have a 'lighter options' menu which is fab!
  • SCC88
    SCC88 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    Pizza express do the weight watchers range of pizzas, I always have them when I go out with the fella! All under 500kcals and I've tried them all now hahaha I think theyre all really yum but in particular the Gustosa.

Zizzi's dont give out the kcal information with the exception of these two meals:

Rigatoni con pollo e funghi (Pasta with chicken and mushroom)
    The roasted chicken breast, glazed onions, mushrooms and rosemary, simmered in tomato sauce and tossed in pasta shapes means you get a very balanced healthy option. 485 calories

PESCE (Seafood Risotto)
    The seafood and fish make this a light, nutritious lunch option the courgettes, baby spinach are great vegetable options and dashings of lemon and chilli will add flavour. Approx. 500 calories

- I've tried the risotto and its delish :-)
  • keiraev
    keiraev Posts: 695 Member
    Options
    I am going there tonight!

I usually have the Melanzane which is an Aubergine dish with cheese (641 cals) but I have been to the gym today so having a Pizza :)

I love Pizza Express simply because you can go there knowing exactly what you're getting and they have their calories listed for everything + there are light starter and dessert options.

I have to say that I find the Legerra Pizzas a bit lame as it's got a massive hole in the middle! I would rather have a proper pizza and have a light starter and/or light dessert.

Zizzi always seems a little bit more fattening to me - do they have their calories online now too?? x