Bariatric surgery

Options
Is anyone using my Fitness Pal as a pre surgical tool?

Replies

• vnovick1980
    vnovick1980 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I am hoping to have Gastric Bypass by the end of 2018. Are any others traveling the same path?
  • AprilMLowe
    AprilMLowe Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    Hi! I am preparing for a Sleeve in October! I have been on and off this site for years! I will send you a friend request!
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    Yes I did, and it proved even more handy post surgery to make sure I hit my daily protein goals. It pays off to log and track, especially if you are considering surgery.
  • SaraMA1
    SaraMA1 Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone- I am in the beginning stages of pre- bariatric surgery. Would love to connect with people on a similar path. <3
  • KeThur_18
    KeThur_18 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    It was required that we log our food when I was going thru the gastric bypass process then got turned down for the surgery
  • VUA21
    VUA21 Posts: 2,072 Member
    Options
    Is anyone using my Fitness Pal as a pre surgical tool?

I am, but not for bariatric surgery. I lost (so far) 180lbs through eating less & moving more. I am having my belly flap removed on Aug. 2nd. I lost 170lbs in two years then took a year off to do a massive recomp & let my skin catch up. 90% of my saggy skin is gone, except for my belly - hence surgery. I've been given the green light by my Dr's (both my general and plastic surgeon) to drop as much weight as I can pre-op so long as I maintain a generally healthy diet. As fast weight loss can cause an excess is saggy skin, it is normally not recommended, but as I'm having the excess removed anyways - might as well get it as loose as possible. I'm also on a pre-surgical nutrition shake (freakishly disgusting stuff) to ensure that I get every micronutrient I need while I'm in a deficit (currently eating 1200 Cal/day + some of my exercise calories).

My soon to be surgery: abdominalplasty.