Hot Dogs

Options
mtc1971
mtc1971 Posts: 22
Are there any good ways to fix a meal with these?

Replies

• lstnlondry
    lstnlondry Posts: 1,794 Member
    Options
    my kids love to eat them with scrambled egg!! Or in mac n cheese!
  • maryd523
    maryd523 Posts: 661 Member
    Options
    Hots dogs are full of crap and are not healthy. Find something else...

Just saying..
  • sweetbri07
    sweetbri07 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I buy the jennie-o turkey franks....they are smaller than regular hot dogs, so you can easily cut them up and throw them in macaroni and cheese, or eat them as regular hot dogs....they are so yummy!!!
  • Gary1977
    Gary1977 Posts: 804 Member
    Options
    I just had a hotdog for dinner. It was a hebrew national in a nature's own white wheat bun. No better way to have a hotdog than the old fashioned way.
  • Estela565
    Options
    Cut green and red bell peppers,sautéed them with sweet onion just sp the onion is translucent... U can either male ur own marinara or buy the jar ones... Cut the hot dogs in " coins" or whatever way you like... Simmer it in the sauce for 7-10 min... I eat it with brown rice ...
  • AZTrailRunner
    AZTrailRunner Posts: 1,199 Member
    Options
    Hots dogs are full of crap and are not healthy. Find something else...

Just saying..

This must be a recent discovery because I've NEVER heard that before. :tongue: Always one party-pooper in the crowd.
  • Estela565
    Options
    Ajahah AWSOME
  • kellybones
    kellybones Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    I totally read the topic as "Horn Dogs" and was wondering why on earth it was in the Recipes category.

Guess I know where MY brain is tonight!
  • kellycasey5
    kellycasey5 Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    I have been eating the trader joes meatless corn dogs in the frozen section. Taste super yummy, decent fat/calories, and they don't give me a migraine! I don't do well with the nitrates/ nitrites in many packaged and processed meats.
  • PJ42
    PJ42 Posts: 11
    Options
    Cut green and red bell peppers,sautéed them with sweet onion just sp the onion is translucent... U can either male ur own marinara or buy the jar ones... Cut the hot dogs in " coins" or whatever way you like... Simmer it in the sauce for 7-10 min... I eat it with brown rice ...

That sounds yummy. I'm gonna try it. Thanks.
  • gs7330
    gs7330 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Trader Joes corn dogs or Morningstar corn dogs with trader joes honey mustard. If you want a real hot dog try Boars Head Lite hot Dogs on a lite bun. All the calorie info. is in the system already