80 day obsession

Options
FireORose
FireORose Posts: 16 Member
q0m6dmeu6z1p.jpg
I'm currently 8 months postpartum and I was able to lose 25lbs and 25inches overall! This program really helped for full body toning and I have increased core strength. I can wait to share this with others. Im doing a second round, anyone else want to join in?

Replies

• L1zardQueen
    L1zardQueen Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    Aye, I thought you sold Beachbody products.
  • GloriaE2016
    GloriaE2016 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your success!! I so want to try this. We're going to Taiwan for a week in July and I just might do this after we come back!!
  • Alpha12
    Alpha12 Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your results! You look great. 80 Day Obsession Workout program requires hard work and dedication. Good for you!
  • mizzzc
    mizzzc Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    congrats! I am on week 3 of repeating a little obsessed. super out of shape an kind of anxious to start 80 day obsession with 60 minute work outs :S . your pics give me hope!
  • fatgottago
    fatgottago Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    I am on a free trial with beach body demand. I don't plan on doing shakes just eating low carb and trying to keep calories in check. I find I can barley keep up with her. I am so out of shape. I do like the country heat so I am going to do that tonight. I don't know if I will buy it or not. You look amazing and toned!!!!!! Good Job. I would like to join you if you do it again. I want to lose 30 pounds by my birthday in September. I lost 8 this week, I am sure mostly from fluid.
  • Lashonda128
    Lashonda128 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    You look great...Great job and congrats
  • htg20
    htg20 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    What was your level of fitness prior to starting?
  • sophia162
    sophia162 Posts: 115 Member
    edited July 2018
    Options
    I wonder if these awesome results only happen with people who hadn't done any strength training beforehand... or if they will also occur in intermediate users, as the program suggests.

I did day 1 today and frankly it
    was not that challenging. I think I did more in the same 50 minutes with my previous dumbell workouts. And those resistance bands... I honestly got the feeling of getting 'GOOD" use out of them in just like ONE of the exercises that uses them! =/

Are there any users that did this program having some previous level of fitness? How about you, OP? =)? Were you a full blown newbie... or where you used to working out?

I'd really appreciate some input on this ")
  • changeconsumeme
    changeconsumeme Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    This gives me hope!
  • New_Heavens_Earth
    New_Heavens_Earth Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    sophia162 wrote: »
    I wonder if these awesome results only happen with people who hadn't done any strength training beforehand... or if they will also occur in intermediate users, as the program suggests.

was not that challenging. I think I did more in the same 50 minutes with my previous dumbell workouts. And those resistance bands... I honestly got the feeling of getting 'GOOD" use out of them in just like ONE of the exercises that uses them! =/

Are there any users that did this program having some previous level of fitness? How about you, OP? =)? Were you a full blown newbie... or where you used to working out?

I've been lifting for a while but not familiar with band work. I broke a fairly new medium resistance bands during week one. After week 2 I started double banding those exercises.

As for weights I'm lifting heavier than the instructor. 15 to 20lb dumbbells for most upper body work and 20 to 40s for most lower body exercises. And sometimes the sliding ab work feels too easy. I wish she threw in some floorwork.

My glutes are a weak area for me, so I guess that's why I felt the most work there and got the most results there too.
  • sophia162
    Options
    sophia162 wrote: »

I've been lifting for a while but not familiar with band work. I broke a fairly new medium resistance bands during week one. After week 2 I started double banding those exercises.

As for weights I'm lifting heavier than the instructor. 15 to 20lb dumbbells for most upper body work and 20 to 40s for most lower body exercises. And sometimes the sliding ab work feels too easy. I wish she threw in some floorwork.

My glutes are a weak area for me, so I guess that's why I felt the most work there and got the most results there too.

Thanks for the reply =)

I did day 2 today, Booty, which was ALL band use. And while -again- I didn't feel the bands to provide enough of a challenge (I'm used to dumbbells)... I have to admit, my glutes and thighs are pretty sore right now, lol. So I do feel I got a good workout in. Different. That makes me very happy. (And hey, if the butt will get the main benefit from this, then bring it haha.)

I think I'll double them up like you say. I just wish they were smaller, so they could provide more resistance. I'm using the highest ones, I have nowhere to progress with them =( Maybe doubleing up will help.

I'm still nor sold on the total body work wuth this program though. Maybe I'll follow the program, but incorporate some moves/sets/reps from my own previous strength training. Not sure, I guess I'll see how it moves along. I won't make myself prisoner of a program I'm not feeling... but it's too soon to say. Hope it becomes more interesting/challenging!!

(I was used to Shaun T's stuff which was always interesting, fun, motivating, challenging AND effective <3!)
  • New_Heavens_Earth
    Options
    I understand tweaking the program to your needs. I add in other DVDs (Cathe Friedrich, more sports drills, step aerobics, heavier weights) every now and then. I don't think I'm ready for Shaun T yet, but we'll see!
  • sophia162
    Options
    I understand tweaking the program to your needs. I add in other DVDs (Cathe Friedrich, more sports drills, step aerobics, heavier weights) every now and then. I don't think I'm ready for Shaun T yet, but we'll see!

Awesome, I just received a step thingy as a present and I'm going to look for videos to add that in. I think that's what I'll do: commit to the 80 DO as a staple for the three months, but add/adjust according to my needs and fuel.

If you're able to complete workouts and if you've been into fitness for a while (6 months or more), then give Shaun T a go! He's very charismatic, pretty funny and he motivates you. And I like that he's constantly giving useful tips on good form.

I guess his workouts can be hard on knees and ankles, because there's a lot of jumping about, but there you have to apply common sense. If you feel you can do it: push yourself! If you feel your joints won't handle it: modify! And always use proper form. It's really not as scary as it sounds, I promise haha. His workouts are great because they don't use equipment, just total body... and they are very cardio driven, but not in the steady, long, boring state we're sometimes used too. They're tough, but fun, and quite effective in helping to shred extra weight.

Good luck with your goals, thanks for the helpful words in mine!! ✌
  • New_Heavens_Earth
    Options
    Thanks @sophia162 !
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!