Looking for supportive friends, losing last 10 pounds/toning up

Options
vvake
vvake Posts: 11 Member
Hello all I am 5'3, 26 and I've never been in particularly good shape. My highest weight ever was 186lbs about 4 years ago. I lost 60lbs through calorie counting and intermittent fasting but I've always wanted to be fit, not just skinny.
At 125lbs now I still feel uncomfortable and chubby since I am so short. I believe I would feel better at a lower weight.

I want to know what it feels like to truly be in shape, plus I want to achieve this before I have any children so I can teach them how to achieve the same for themselves and teach them good habits.

Another reason is to boost my confidence and feel sexy for once in my life. I've always been shy, awkward, I wear glasses and dress modestly. So when it's vacation time I want to be able to wear a swimsuit with zero worries or shame. To feel powerful over something I achieved.

Lately my biggest struggle is going strong for a week or so, then entering a binge cycle where I eat whatever I want for 1-2 days. After that I'll feel guilty and try to start again. It's like a bad weekend that puts me back at the beginning but it usually is triggered by going back to work and being at work. I've never had this problem in my life, when I lost the majority of my extra fat a few years ago I don't remember this being a problem.

I try to walk at 4mph for 45 minutes a day, strength training for 40 minutes 3x a week and stay within calories to lose 1lb a week. I am starting my diary tomorrow and doing my first weigh-in with body measurements.
I've joined the Not-that-heavy girls group but if you know more supportive groups I could join any suggestions are welcome!

Replies

• taylorstring95
    taylorstring95 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Girl I know how you feel about the motivation thing. Like I’ll totally feel motivated to do it and then I just end up eating like I was before which sucks. But hang in there girl you got this!!
  • vvake
    vvake Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Yeah I agree it’s tough having the motivation to keep doing it for sure. Thanks for the support!