New here! Trying to lose 30 lbs.

Options
I am 6'0" and was always super thin, too thin.... in high school I wore a 00 pants size.
After I started driving I went up to a size 2. When I started working and making money I started eating out (my favorite hobby, especially because I lived in Las Vegas) I went up to a size 4.
Which for me was perfect size.

But then I got married and it seemed immediately I went to a size 6.

But now I am a size 8. I feel bad complaining about my weight or size because most get offended. But I am really tall. So I'm already a "big woman" and would like to stay small. I desire to be a size 4 again.

I'm not necessarily concerned about the pounds, just pants size.
I weighed 170 when I started MFP about 3-4 weeks ago, and now I am around 165.
I think if I get down to 150 I would be a size 4 again.

I stand on my feet all day, but I would eat 3000-4000 calories a day. I love snacking. I love cookies, chips, etc. I always ate fast food because of my schedule.

Since starting I have been eating 1240 calories a day, except on Saturdays. I do not intend to cheat but because of a special circumstance I choose not to count calories on Saturdays.

I am trying to be patient and take one day at a time. I hope with consistency I will reach my goal. I didn't gain 30 lbs overnight so I am trying to keep in mind I won't lose it overnight either.

I started MFP because in 6 weeks I was going to a special week long event. I can't fit any of my clothes anymore, which I didn't notice because I wear scrubs at work. And I know others will realize I got bigger. Now the event is only 2 weeks away....

Replies

• Uicnow
    Uicnow Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    You can do it, add me as friend if you would like motivation, I just started again myself was doing good then was bad for 2 month and put on 12 pounds.
  • ttiffanytxx
    ttiffanytxx Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Added you! Trying to get back to a size 3-4 again myself!
  • Cerumie
    Cerumie Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Hey trying to lose about 40 lbs my self! Feel free to add me we can try to motivate each other
  • bree_7
    bree_7 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    anybody can add me too, im trying to loose 40 pounds, im 4'10 so i need to def loose at least 30 but my goal is 40!!! then i plan to tone and get shredded.
  • mwalle09
    mwalle09 Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    Being tall is tough, I'm 6'2 and when I first gained weight it was hardly noticeable to anyone that wasn't me or my gf. Flash forward a decade and I am much heavier, but people still don't think I am as heavy as I look. It's a double edged sword but you seem to have a good idea about getting to a size you are very comfortable with.
  • kuppie12111
    kuppie12111 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm 4'10, when I started MFP 3 months ago I was 200lbs and I have about 50lbs to lose still. Anyone feel free to add me 😀