Frustrating

Options
I’ve gained weight since using this app and I’m eating betwy1400-1500 calories how is this possible when I track everything

Replies

• kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    Maybe you aren't tracking correctly. Maybe you aren't measuring your weight properly. Maybe you aren't patient enough.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    ewestberg wrote: »
    I’ve gained weight since using this app and I’m eating betwy1400-1500 calories how is this possible when I track everything

How much weight in what timeframe?
  • ossentia
    ossentia Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    1. Weighing food is important. I'm always amazed at the difference a food scale makes versus a measuring cup. Even 100 calories can mean the difference between eating at a deficit and gaining weight.

2. New or increased exercise can (WILL) cause you to hold water. Take measurements instead of relying so heavily on the scale.

3. All three times that I've started this weight loss journey (that's another story), I do not see results on the scale for at least 4 to 6 weeks. I retain water like crazy and often see the numbers rise before I hit a huge loss "all at once."

4. Don't give up. If you're logging honestly and eating less than you're using, the weight will come off.
  • bikecheryl
    bikecheryl Posts: 1,432 Member
    Options
    Tighten up the weighing and logging and TRUST in the process.

And understand that it will take TIME but it will happen. :)
  • chulipa
    chulipa Posts: 650 Member
    Options
    If your doing everything right and not losing try cutting your daily calories by a hundred or two and see if that gets the ball rolling
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    How much weight in what time frame?
  • Ms3201
    Ms3201 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I stuck to it for a week and actually GAINED two pounds! I think it was water retention. Then I pigged out because I was so discouraged. Then I got back on track and decreased to 1200 calories per day and dropped three pounds by the third day. It doesn’t always make sense. You have to look over weeks not days.
  • Joe_58
    Joe_58 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Very true!