Before and 52 lbs later!

Options
I started with MFP in March of this year because my daughter and granddaughter were both losing a lot of weight here. The last few months have been amazing. I never dreamed I would lose so much so fast or the positive effects that would have on my health. I am off my blood pressure medicine and my diabetes medicine has been reduced by over half. I'm amazed at how much more energy and mobility I have now. Thanks to my daughter and granddaughter for introducing me to a healthier lifestyle. And thanks to all my other family member who have joined in and support me.

Mombefore2.jpg
Mombefore.jpg
Momduring.jpg
Momduring2.jpg

Replies

• vettle
    vettle Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    you look FANTASTIC!! you must feel so much better!!!
  • MelMoly
    MelMoly Posts: 1,303 Member
    Options
    getting off meds is always awesome in my book!!! and you look great!!! :bigsmile:
  • lcnelson
    lcnelson Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    You look like a totally different person and SO much younger!! Congratulations on everything and cheers to your amazing health benefits!
  • huffman0823
    Options
    You look great!! Congrats on your weight loss!! What an awesome feeling it must be to know that you not only look great, but are off medicines too and healthier! Way to go!!
  • Paige1108
    Paige1108 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Congratulations, you looks wonderful.
  • leomom72
    leomom72 Posts: 1,798 Member
    Options
    good for them for introducing you to this site, and good for you for accepting..you look great :)
  • atomdraco
    atomdraco Posts: 1,083 Member
    Options
    I wish my mother-in-law will do what you are doing here! She's taking so many medicine and think she is too old to do anything to change. You are great!!! Keep up with the good work
  • helen0241
    Options
    It is so hard to see past where we are some times. Tell her if she will try fire two weeks it wikk make a differance.Dhe will not go dack let her add me as a friend I will do all I can to help her.
  • mamareese
    mamareese Posts: 1,573 Member
    Options
    Great job!! :smile:
  • felicia8604
    felicia8604 Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    looking good! im so glad you decided to better your life! It just proves that no matter what you can do it! just think maybe in another 50lbs you will be totally off your diabetes meds! keep it up!!:love:
  • dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    Congratulation and good luck on continued success.
  • liberaltendencies
    liberaltendencies Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! You look fantastic!
  • GreenPharmD
    GreenPharmD Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    You look great!! I'm a pharmacist and know exactly how much of an impact weight loss can have on discontinuing or at least reducing your blood pressure and diabetes medications. It makes me SO happy for people when they embrace a healthier lifestyle! The other benefit of using MFP is its really really easy to keep track of your carbs/sugar intake when you are diabetic and to monitor your sodium when you have high blood pressure... lots of people don't realize hidden high sodium foods! I can't tell you how proud I am of you!! I meet dozens of people daily who don't have the willpower to do what you did, you should be very proud of yourself!! :-)
  • neonpink
    neonpink Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    Amazing difference well done !! Keep up the great work :)
  • scante60
    scante60 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    You look fabulous! Congratulations on the weight loss, and also on the improvement to your health! The fact that you've eliminated so much medication is amazing, and I wish you continued success on both fronts!
  • ursy87
    ursy87 Posts: 287
    Options
    Well done 52lbs and in hardly any time really, congratulations on getting of the BP meds. You will be losing more in no time and your health will continue to improve.
    x
  • Riley4ever
    Riley4ever Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on a brilliant achievement - so nice to hear that the weight loss has so positively benefitted your health - something money can't buy! You look great.
  • Chunkabutt83
    Options
    amazing job!!!!
  • cmDaffy
    cmDaffy Posts: 6,991 Member
    Options
    Nice job! Keep it up! You're super inspiring!
  • OttawaJeannie
    Options
    You look great! Keep it up :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!