Weight Gain, Hunger, and Diet

Options
So... I don't know where to start or how to write this.

I have dealt with obesity about five to six times through my life. I have lost the weight through various means usually due to just being involved in sports and scouting when I was younger. But when I got older diet control and monitoring.

I lost ~75lbs from 2014-2015.... then regained late 2015 quite a bit... then lost another ~25lbs through 2016 (still a net gain of weight)... 2017 was devistating for me mental health and I got hosptalized mutiple times... I am now on medication like zoloft and others that affects hunger...

I am also now in a situation where I have very little control over my diet... and I dont have many chances to get the physical activity I used to... and I am very hungry a lot...

I don't know what to do... I am trying to get help from the county public hospital system and potentially medicaid eventually that may offer mroe expert medical advise on my situation specifially. But I feel so discouraged. I am now heavier than I have ever been in my entire life...

Help?

Replies

• kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    Have you tried eating the amount of calories MFP suggests to lose 1 or 1.5 pounds per week? In what way do you not have control of your diet?
  • dangerousdumpling
    dangerousdumpling Posts: 1,109 Member
    Options
    It's ok if you can't get the same level of activity as you did in the past. Can you walk in your neighborhood? This will help you physically and mentally.
    I'm assuming you are not the grocery shopper or the one doing the cooking where you live but you can still control how much you eat. The above poster suggested a 1 pound per week loss. I understand that antidepressants can cause insatiable hunger. Consider even a 1/2lb loss per week plus any activity you can do. Try not to allow yourself to have all or nothing thoughts. Every little bit you can do to improve your health is great and you should feel good about it. Start with something. Anything. Drink more water today and go for a walk and then give yourself a pat on the back. You may not be able to do this they you imagine it should be done but that doesn't mean you can't take progressive steps toward improving your health.