Need to lose weight! Need support, new friends, someone to keep me accountable.

I need to lose some weight to get back to a healthy weight (about 40 pounds). I've tried getting family and loved ones to help but they dont keep me honest when they aren't around. Would love to have a friend or someone that I can help challenge and they can challenge me. Good luck to everyone and I hope to see you all be your best selves.

Replies

• kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    You can't rely on having somebody around all the time, and it's not fair to expect your friends to do keep you honest. You're only accountable to yourself. Friends are good for other things though.
  • michelle__1981
    michelle__1981 Posts: 3 Member
    Hey Kath, ive got about 30 lbs to lose, lost 11 so far. Feel free to challenge me 😀
  • tammytam72
    tammytam72 Posts: 16 Member
    You can't rely on having somebody around all the time, and it's not fair to expect your friends to do keep you honest. You're only accountable to yourself. Friends are good for other things though.

You don't help anyone with your comments. You posted almost word for word the same thing on one of my post. People are looking for someone to help them. Your negativity is never needed. Just scroll by and move on.
  • tammytam72
    tammytam72 Posts: 16 Member
    I need to lose some weight to get back to a healthy weight (about 40 pounds). I've tried getting family and loved ones to help but they dont keep me honest when they aren't around. Would love to have a friend or someone that I can help challenge and they can challenge me. Good luck to everyone and I hope to see you all be your best selves.

I have about 65 more that I need to lose. I'll help you stay honest with your self and scale. Sorry for jacking your post to tell someone else they need to move on.
  • salleewins
    salleewins Posts: 2,308 Member
    I can help. I have about 35 to lose. Did about 35 already.