SOS my self control is out of control!

Options
So I try to eat well and I am pretty good all day. My portions are good and for the most part The type of food I eat is good. That is until I get home from work. I end up ordering food and way too much of it. Any advice?

Replies

• fb47
    fb47 Posts: 1,058 Member
    edited July 2018
    Options
    Yea, stop ordering fast food or at least learn to fit them into your calories for the day. A woman (I suspect you're a woman) usually tends to eat between 1200 calories - 2000 calories (depending how active you are), a fast food meal can easily hit 1000 calories (depending again what you order, but I would say overall a fast food meal will be somewhere around 1000 calories and you can easily go over that if you order extra like desserts), so that takes a huge chunk. At the end of the day, it's all about calories, you need to start tracking what you eat, weigh the food that you eat (aka buy yourself a food scale) and most important of all eat less calories than you burn.
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    Stop that "trying to eat well and do good and eat good food". That's why you end up ordering food. Just eat a balanced diet portioned to your needs. Plan and prepare meals for when you get home.
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    stop ordering food. eat what you have in the house and plan meals to fit your goals.
  • CarvedTones
    CarvedTones Posts: 2,340 Member
    Options
    I suspect you are cutting back a lot during the day to make room for it and then you are starving and order a lot of food. I would prelog to know what to limit my calories to at night and pick items that fit and nothing more. Making your own dinner would be preferable. Either way, discipline is the key and there is no way to escape that, but it is easier to stay within limits if you aren't starving at any point.
  • nowine4me
    nowine4me Posts: 3,985 Member
    Options
    Order prepared meals in advance that fit in your allowance, or meal prep.
  • jemarsh32
    jemarsh32 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I have the same issue. Great post