What to train with a should injury ??

Options
I was wondering what can I train with a should injury? It’s not that serious it’s just a little nig it’s not even sore. But I stopped training cause I didn’t want to make it worse. I was doing so well too with training went 8weeks in a row but with this injury and it’s thrown back in to a depression so I’m trying push myself back in to the gym but I want to train without making my shoulder worse :( anybody got any ideas or tips ?? Thanks

Replies

• litlfrog
    litlfrog Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    If you can afford it, see a physical therapist. 8 weeks is too long. I had shoulder surgery a while back that never healed right and it's really limited what activities I can do. Get ahead of this when you can. Maintain your cardio health how you can--walking, swimming, biking, etc. If you're more used to lifting weights then get to know the resistance bands--they'll help you more quickly learn what you can and can't do.
  • Wetcoaster
    Wetcoaster Posts: 1,788 Member
    Options
    You said it is just a little sore. Take a few days off. No big deal. See how it feels then.
  • Deviette
    Deviette Posts: 979 Member
    edited July 2018
    Options
    If it hurts, stop.

Give yourself a few day, even up to a couple of weeks to let you shoulder heal. In the mean time, keep up with your cardio. When you're back, lighten up your load. Take it slowly. If you can only "manage" with the weight/pain, then it's too much: lighten it up more. You want to build up the strength slowly to reduce risk of re-injury. Consider strapping or support when training. Always gently stretch afterwards to try and increase flexibility in the joint.

Let training partners know that you are injured. Ask them not to let you push too hard. I'm terrible at over doing it when I'm injured, so it really helps when I have someone say "no you're not doing that, you're injured"