Question for women

Options
eviemariewarner
eviemariewarner Posts: 5 Member
edited July 2018 in Challenges
So I have sometimes rough periods. I’m worried I will be bleeding too heavily or some times cramping too bad to go on my daily walk that has played a role in me losing about 8 lbs. how can I be sure not to lose the progress I have made so far?

Replies

• Chesirekate
    Chesirekate Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    For some people Maca powder can help with period symptoms...it helps me just feel better in general around that time of the month...also...it's okay to take a day or two off if that's what your body needs, just make sure you stick to your calorie goals and you wont' derail yourself.
  • k8eekins
    k8eekins Posts: 2,264 Member
    Options
    So I have sometimes rough periods. I’m worried I will be bleeding too heavily or some times cramping too bad to go on my daily walk that has played a role in me losing about 8 lbs. how can I be sure not to lose the progress I have made so far?

Please reassess your hydration Vs Weight, climate, altitude and activity level.

Awfully sorry about the rough bouts during your monthlies.

• mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    Options
    use them as rest days.
    i usually eat at maintenance during the rough times and don't move much
  • MegaMooseEsq
    MegaMooseEsq Posts: 3,118 Member
    Options
    I'm fortunate enough not to have this issue, but there's no reason that a few days off a month will cause you to lose your progress unless you let it. Push yourself to walk just a little if you're up for it, take care of yourself if you're not, and get back out there as soon as you can! Good luck!
  • RadishEater
    RadishEater Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    Talk to your gyno if you haven't already, especially if this is a new symptom.
    The last time I was in so much pain from cramps that I couldn't walk was because I was in highschool and not on birth control.

For me hormonal birth control solved that problem, and if you are on one perhaps start looking at another.
  • jguldi11
    jguldi11 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    Physical activity is actually one of the best ways to relieve cramps if you can get yourself moving. I prefer light stretching/yoga with a focus on deep breathing. Avoid tampons if they contribute to your cramps (they can do that for some women). Also keep in mind that your period may cause temporary weight gain so don't feel discouraged if you gain a bit during that time. Of course if these symptoms are new or worsening a trip to the Dr might be necessary!