Additional vitamin supplements?

Options
Teamleslie
Teamleslie Posts: 112 Member
Does anyone take a multivitamin or any other vitamin supplementin addition to a healthy diet?

Replies

• IGbnat24
    IGbnat24 Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    I take daily prenatal + multi. I’m probably getting most of what I need out of my normal diet but there’s no harm in taking one. If you restrict certain food groups or types of foods or eat a low calorie diet, you may benefit from one.
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    I take a prenatal multivitamin (not pregnant but I take it post and pre pregnancy), vitamin D and fish oil.
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    I don't.
  • JDMac82
    JDMac82 Posts: 3,192 Member
    Options
    Micro Nutrients (vitamins) are only needed if you are not getting them from your daily food intake.
    I do take Omega 3s(Heart Health), Glucosamine (Joint Health).
  • RachelElser
    RachelElser Posts: 1,049 Member
    Options
    .....Flintsones
  • Johnd2000
    Johnd2000 Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    I take a multi on days when I don’t hit my vitamin targets.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,906 Member
    Options
    Sure. I'm anemic and have to supplement aggressively with iron to stay in Low Normal despite also eating 100 % RDA.

I live in Massachusetts, sunburn easily so take Vitamin D.

I don't eat iodized salt so take iodine.

Etc.
  • VUA21
    VUA21 Posts: 2,072 Member
    Options
    I take a One-A-Day with iron. I ended up anemic when pregnant and still run the risk of low iron per my physicain.
  • apullum
    apullum Posts: 4,838 Member
    Options
    I don't, because my doctor advised me that most people who eat a well-rounded diet don't need one unless there's a clear medical reason for it. I've been checked for various potential deficiencies. If you think you have a deficiency, better to get it checked out than to spend your money on supplements you may or may not need.
  • RollTideHusker
    RollTideHusker Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    I take New Chapter Every Woman’s One Daily. One reason I like it is because I can take it on an empty stomach.
    I also take Collagen, for my nails.
  • WholeFoods4Lyfe
    WholeFoods4Lyfe Posts: 1,518 Member
    Options
    I take both Zinc and Iodine because I'm deficient, I don't bother with anything else because I eat a well balanced diet. There is no need to take a vitamin/mineral supplement unless you are deficient, otherwise it's just expensive pee.

For the record, I do have a history of anemia and have historically taken an iron supplement on and off for years, but ever since I switched to cooking elusively with cast iron, my levels have always been great.
  • ccruz985
    ccruz985 Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    I take Centrum for Women, glucosamine with chondroitin, and iron with vitamin C. I have an unopened bottle of calcium that I probably should be taking, I just haven't fit it into my day yet and you can't take iron and calcium together (the iron is more important to me because I'm anemic).
  • cwsweetpea28
    cwsweetpea28 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I take Fish Oil and Magnesium for my headache
  • AmberGlitterSparkles
    AmberGlitterSparkles Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    I have quite a few vitamin deficiencies, so I take a multi vitamin plus what is recommended by my doctor. I’m anemic as well. I take iron, b12, vitamin d, and selenium.