2 weeks until bikini! Some last minute tips pls...

Options
Hi all, my first post but have been on MFP for quite some time and finding it an amazing support. I have lost 10 lbs in total (although haven't weighed myself in 2 weeks, so probably more).

I'm heading on holiday in 2 weeks - I tried on my bikinis yesterday and while there is an improvement, they are still not fitting the best or as they used to (they are from last year's holiday - my weight gain was over the past 12 months). They are still very tight around the back and waist.

Unfortunately I don't have the funds to go out and buy some new ones,so I'm looking for some last minute tips to help me get the most out of the next 2 weeks and feel more confident in my bikini! I am currently doing the 30 day shred (on day 20) 4 times a week combined with walking. I have done a search of this type of topic on the message boards and have found some useful tips already, but any additional help would be so greatefully appreciated!

Thanks so much!

Replies

• ejmcam
    ejmcam Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    Try to eat as clean as possible. Low salt, no preservatives. Eat all natural! along with your workouts, you will definetly see the results! Good luck!
  • DixiedoesMFP
    DixiedoesMFP Posts: 935 Member
    Options
    Cut out all carbs and dairy (just for those two weeks) and drink water til your eyeballs float :)
  • SpaceMarkus
    Options
    I don't recommend doing anything terribly drastic like cutting out a whole food group (that's never healthy).

Instead, do what ejmcam said. Eat clean and try to do some strength training (push ups, squats, lunges, etc). Many actors do quick sets of strength off camera for a scene to make themselves look fitter than they really are ;)
  • ShonzG
    ShonzG Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Cut out all carbs and dairy (just for those two weeks) and drink water til your eyeballs float :)

Floating eyeballs.... now that's a great quote!! I love it!
  • laboutingal
    Options
    Thanks guys. Great suggestions - keep 'em coming! Dixiedavidson - "drink water til your eyeballs float" - made me laugh!
  • microwoman999
    microwoman999 Posts: 545 Member
    Options
    Sit ups, bicycle sit ups and back bends! Sit up and twists and also leg ups all should help that area and yes it could help in 2 weeks with eating correctly! Back bends some don't know this one but I use a ball you lay on your stomach and lift your top half of your body backwards like a backward sit up. Leg ups...lay on your back put your legs in the air and pull them up from your butt. It works I swear you just have to do it every day for the next 2 weeks 8 to 10 of each and it will be a mini workout. Just 5 minutes added to any workout you already do 1 or 2 times a day :)