Strength Training Tracking App

Options
For financial reasons, I have to take a break from sessions with my trainer. He set me up with a program to do in the meantime, but I'd like to see if I can find an app to help me track these. I've found a couple, but they aren't intuitive to use at all.

Basically, I have several dumbbell lifting exercises (squats, lunges, presses, etc) and the weights/reps to start with (and progression plans). I know I can track it in a spreadsheet or notebook, but I was hoping to find an app that does this instead if possible. Most of the apps I've found have their own built-in plans. I don't really need that since my trainer has the exercises I can do to prevent my lower back from getting aggravated.

Any suggestions on ones to check out? Apple OS. A Watch component of the app would be a bonus, but isn't a huge deal.

Replies

• cycleholic
    cycleholic Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Hi! I use the Lifter app. You can customize your exercises and mark them as done. Check it out :smile:
  • kettiecat
    kettiecat Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    I use the jefit app. You can search for the exercises you do and customize daily workouts.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    I use bodyspace. You have to have a bodybuilding.com profile set up, but it doesn't cost anything.
  • tinkerbellang83
    tinkerbellang83 Posts: 9,136 Member
    edited July 2018
    Options
    Are you just wanting to literally track reps/exercises done? You can do that here in the strength training section of the exercise logging function. You can use the Quick Tools option to copy exercises to/from other dates.
  • Beaster_Bunny
    Beaster_Bunny Posts: 501 Member
    Options
    I use Strong to track while working out. You could also track on a site called Fitocracy.com. They have an app as well, but never checked it out. I just use their site. You get points, level up, there are achievements and badges.
  • madwells1
    madwells1 Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    Another vote for jefit