Calorie limits just isn't enough

Options
I have seen several posts on here that mention how hungry people are. You are being good, eating your calorie limit, but are so hungry! I can't blame anyone for not sticking with a diet when you are so uncomfortable. I absolutely HATE being hungry.

So I just wanted to mention that just staying within your calorie goal is not enough. You have to be feeding your body GOOD food. Whole foods: fruit, veggies, whole grains. Foods that have not been so processed that they no longer have true nutrients for your body. Yes they say they have some nutrients, but your body is so busy trying to process it, and get rid of the junk that it can't use those nutrients for you.

Our bodies prioritize. What is most important to keep this body functioning to the best of its ability? If it is not getting the nutrients it wants to function, it is going to send a message to eat more eat more eat more! We are running out of good food here!

So I say again eat GOOD food. I promise it will make a big difference...and drink water. I don't care how much you don't like it, you will feel so much better when you start drinking water that it is worth it.

ok, I'll get off my soap box now

Replies

• Bijee
    Bijee Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Thank you good post. Do you have an recommendations for people who pack breakfast and lunch and dont have the lixiry to be able to be home and make meals. This is my greatest struggle trying to find things i can take with me and prepare easily with the microwave or whatnot without taking the whole fridge to work with me. :sad:

All input would be appreciated, cause I too and having trouble staying within the calorie goal and its killing me.
  • JulieBoBoo
    JulieBoBoo Posts: 642
    Options
    I would also add that you don't have to set your limit at 2lbs per week. Honestly, I eat pretty clean and it's not enough for me. I set it to 1.5lbs and while it may take a bit longer, there's a much better chance of my getting there and being a happy person along the way.
  • gipperakh
    gipperakh Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Thank you! It's so true, eating the foods that are good for you may help you feel full longer and will help make those calories last throughout the day. I've also always heard, if you feel hungry, drink water...you're probably just thirsty! hehe
  • gipperakh
    gipperakh Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Thank you good post. Do you have an recommendations for people who pack breakfast and lunch and dont have the lixiry to be able to be home and make meals. This is my greatest struggle trying to find things i can take with me and prepare easily with the microwave or whatnot without taking the whole fridge to work with me. :sad:

All input would be appreciated, cause I too and having trouble staying within the calorie goal and its killing me.

Hello! I was just wondering, would you possibly have time on the weekends to maybe make a few meals in bulk to pack for lunch during the week? That's the only idea I could come up with! = (
  • 16mixingbowls
    16mixingbowls Posts: 205 Member
    Options

Protein makes me waaaaaaaay fuller for waaaaaay longer. I eat cottage cheese, eggs that I cook in cupcake pans with spinach and onions over the weekend, plain yogurt with a handful of nuts, and hardboiled eggs (white only) for breakfast. Lunches of cold green salad with chicken that I cooked over the weekend as well. Also, lettuce wrap sandwiches with mustard, meat, cheese, and tomato.
  • 16mixingbowls
    16mixingbowls Posts: 205 Member
    Options

P.S. I tried to look at your food diary to see what food you like to eat to make better suggestions, but it's private.
  • Aubryleigh
    Options
    Thank you for this!

Processed food (mostly packaged food) is not what our bodies want. While it may be easier to grab a quick frozen meal or bag of chips - it's basically junk and a waste of calories.

I find it just as easy to grab a piece of fruit and/or snack on some veggies when I'm hungry. Filled with fiber and veggie protein, these usually do the trick. Our bodies are machines and are designed to process simple food.

Also, the more calories you burn, the more you can eat. So, get out there and get active! :-)
  • DixiedoesMFP
    DixiedoesMFP Posts: 935 Member
    Options
    Thank you for just the reminder I needed :)
  • LivLovLrn
    LivLovLrn Posts: 580 Member
    Options

I always make more than I need at meals, then you can take leftovers to work in containers (which you can find almost anywhere). Also I often will bring fruit, veggies and a home made trail mix with me for meals. Bring extra fruit or veggies to snack on between meals if you need to; so few calories, so much food :laugh:
  • Bijee
    Options

P.S. I tried to look at your food diary to see what food you like to eat to make better suggestions, but it's private.

Lol. not ready to share yet, cause i have BAD habits....but thank you!
  • Bijee
    Options

I always make more than I need at meals, then you can take leftovers to work in containers (which you can find almost anywhere). Also I often will bring fruit, veggies and a home made trail mix with me for meals. Bring extra fruit or veggies to snack on between meals if you need to; so few calories, so much food :laugh:

Thank you, this all helps. Now if i can just kick my habit of baked goods i'd be okay....
  • DixiedoesMFP
    DixiedoesMFP Posts: 935 Member
    Options
    I pack a cooler in the mornings. On Sundays, I try to make things in advance. Breakfast: I make a turkey sausage/egg bake (bake eggs and turkey sausage at 375 until firm...can add veggies too, I add red pepper) slice and microwave for 30 seconds in the morning. Snack: hardboiled eggs. Lunch: Baked chicken breast, veggies (sometimes fresh, sometimes steamfresh bag). Snack: tomatoes and cottage cheese. Dinner: A little less structured and depends on the day.

I also pack fresh fruit (bananas, apples) for in between hunger pains. I sometimes eat oatmeal instead of the sausage/egg bake and add protein powder to really keep me full. Sometimes lunch is albacore tuna in a pouch and veggies. You can feel free to look at my diary, but be forewarned: I am human and it's not always great :). I'm a work in progress.