Fat and Lonely!

Options
Hey there, I've been on MFP a lot. But I've been unable to create the friendships I have desired. My friends in real life are all within a healthy weight range and don't track their food.

I'm just tired of feeling alone in this long adventure to a healthy body and mind.

I'm 27 and looking to lose a significant amount of weight. If you'd be interested in chatting, let me know.

Replies

• hartlessamantha8159
    hartlessamantha8159 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm new here. Tried it before but wasn't in the right frame of mind. I would like to lose 5/6 stone. Would be great to have a friend along the way so we can help each other 😊 Sam
  • Mattyboyirl
    Mattyboyirl Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Hi guys. You guy s are just like me. Feel free to chat and let's help each other
  • TheMrWobbly
    TheMrWobbly Posts: 2,531 Member
    Options
    On-line friendships are very different. I have found a few 'friends' and we support each other, comment regularly on each others post rather than just click like. It is never the same as having real-life friends though it can sometimes be easier to talk to someone that you are unlikely to meet in RL.
  • Continue_My_Dear
    Continue_My_Dear Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    On-line friendships are very different. I have found a few 'friends' and we support each other, comment regularly on each others post rather than just click like. It is never the same as having real-life friends though it can sometimes be easier to talk to someone that you are unlikely to meet in RL.

I guess it has just felt lonely when I'm the only one I know on this path.
  • Jhwellness1
    Jhwellness1 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I d be glad to help encourage on your journey as I continue on the same path. Getting fit is an everyday thing and encouragement from others has always helped me. Feel free to add me ✌️
  • SaberBunny
    SaberBunny Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I know how you feel about being alone in tracking everything. I would be more that happy to have you as a friend and encourage you. I personally have 165 lbs to lose to reach my first goal.
  • optionsguy88
    optionsguy88 Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    @Continue_My_Dear
    I'll chat. I think we might have been friends before but I got off and just started up again. I just turned 30 so it's all downhill for me. So I need all the help I can get.
  • tamiraa1
    tamiraa1 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hi! We're in the same boat. I'm looking to lose half of my current weight which is quite a bit. I'm 26 and with my current weight I'm a big risk for future health issues. So therefore it's time for a change! If anyone wants to chat feel free to add me =)
  • Continue_My_Dear
    Options
    I d be glad to help encourage on your journey as I continue on the same path. Getting fit is an everyday thing and encouragement from others has always helped me. Feel free to add me ✌️

Agreed! I'll add you!
  • Continue_My_Dear
    Options
    tamiraa1 wrote: »
    Hi! We're in the same boat. I'm looking to lose half of my current weight which is quite a bit. I'm 26 and with my current weight I'm a big risk for future health issues. So therefore it's time for a change! If anyone wants to chat feel free to add me =)

We are in the same boat! I'll add you!
  • FeliciaWinn
    FeliciaWinn Posts: 44 Member
    edited July 2018
    Options
    Hi! I need to loose about 100lbs! I have friends on here but they don't even even know I exist. I think having some more friends might help motivate me as well feel free to add me :) I am 25 and love chocolate and music <3
  • Continue_My_Dear
    Options
    Hi! I need to loose about 100lbs! I have friends on here but they don't even even know I exist. I think having some more friends might help motivate me as well feel free to add me :) I am 25 and love chocolate and music <3

We sound like two birds of a feather!
  • Continue_My_Dear
    Options
    Thank you everyone so much! The amount of community support is incredible.
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    Wait until you get sucked into the Chit-Chat crowd. Wowsa.
  • Continue_My_Dear
    Options
    Wait until you get sucked into the Chit-Chat crowd. Wowsa.

Wowsa good or Wowsa bad?
  • andyZS
    andyZS Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi. New here. Does this really work?😟
  • ransaka
    ransaka Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    andyZS wrote: »
    Hi. New here. Does this really work?😟

Tracking your calorie intake and making informed choices about what you eat works in terms of weight loss, maintaining your weight or gaining weight depending on what you want. MFP isn't a fad diet plan, it's a food diary with a supportive community. If you haven't done already I'd suggest reading this thread, yes it's long but it also contains pretty much everything you need to know to get you on the road to success. :)

@Continue_My_Dear You will get there, I know it's hard, a lot of my friends are the other way round to yours, unhealthy and make it easy to slip back into bad habits and not interested in doing anything healthy so I get the lonely road just from a different perspective I guess. Stick at it, even if you're the only one doing it, be consistent, don't get disheartened when you hit a bump and carry on being consistent and you'll get there.
  • MrGLewry
    MrGLewry Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    morning all, feel free to add me I've got some where between 35kg to lose all my friends are a healthy weight and never really had weight issues. I need some like minded people around me to nag/motivate me I'll do the same
  • BecksFoodDiary
    BecksFoodDiary Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hey feel free to add me.
  • Countrygirlcrystalthomas
    Options
    Hey now.. I totally get it. So how's the journey going? I just started day 4. Ugh... all I can think about is BBQ. Lol