Plateaued

Options
So I am 42 lbs down from my SW, but I cannot lose anymore weight. I have tried spicing up my routine and eating different foods, and I still CANNOT lose any part of my last 25. I am getting very discouraged because I eat 1200 calories a day like clockwork and I am not seeing results. I bought Tae Bo and the Jillian Michaels 30 shred, and I am praying this will help.

In the meantime, I am waiting for the DVDs to come to my house so I can try them out. Any advice would help. I think perhaps I am not eating the right stuff and the right times.

What should my ratio of carbs/fat/protein be for breakfast, lunch, dinner, and snacks?

Any thoughts, comments, feedback? I would really appreciate it.

Thanks in advance!

Replies

• AggieCass09
    AggieCass09 Posts: 1,867 Member
    Options
    once you get close to your goal weight, you body will begin holding on to all that it can...you need to increase your calories especially with all the exercising you are doing. I started zig-zagging when i hit my plateau and it has worked well (see the blogs on my about me section).

I know eating more sounds really counter intuitive, but its what needs to be done. Also lifting rather than cardio will help too!
  • imjustlisa
    imjustlisa Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    bump...me too
  • sandijones5783
    sandijones5783 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I'm having that problem too and my starting weight was 210.8 and right now im 162 too! My goal is 145. I have been doing power 90 videos for 2 months now and only have lost 7lbs. I have tried calorie shifting where you eat the same amobunt of calories a week but different amounts each day, your body gets used to that number so try switching it up!
  • lovza_flirt
    lovza_flirt Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I agree with the first post you need to be eating back your exercise calories or close to them. I thought people we're crazy when they told me that but I plateaued for awhile and it was because I wasn't eating my exercise calories, I was working out like crazy eating my 1500 calories and couldn't lose. But when I started eating those exercise calories back I started to lose again. I also had to space out my excerise, cuz I was doing 1hr and 20min three days a week burning a ton calories but there was no way I could eat back an extra 1000 calories a day, so now I burn like 600 calories in 50min of exercise probably 4-5times a week. The key is eat your exercise calories( or close to them, sometimes I don't eat 150-200 of them)
  • mmildice
    mmildice Posts: 63
    Options
    The way i got past my plauteu was to up my calories for a couple of days and take them back down. This confuses the body. Also are you eating back your exercise calories? I only actually eat half of the calories back but i found its very important to do this. Add me as a friend if you would like and we can work together :)
  • abow29
    abow29 Posts: 14
    Options
    I am having the same problem! I started out at 180 lbs and am 149.8 lbs now. I have not been able to budge from that weight for 3 weeks now.

I tried increasing calories and it still did not work. I eat 1200 every day and exercise every other day or so.

I am originally from Romania (even though I live in NYC), so I decided to consult with a good nutritionist back home. She analyzed my diary and told me my consumption of sugar is way too high (even though I NEVER eat sweets, my intake of fruit was on the higher end of where it should be).

My main goal going forward is to make sure I do not have more than 1 or 2 pieces of fruit per day so that I can keep my sugar intake within a normal band.

Hope this helps.
  • pazzescauna1
    pazzescauna1 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I am having the same problem! I started out at 180 lbs and am 149.8 lbs now. I have not been able to budge from that weight for 3 weeks now.

I tried increasing calories and it still did not work. I eat 1200 every day and exercise every other day or so.

I am originally from Romania (even though I live in NYC), so I decided to consult with a good nutritionist back home. She analyzed my diary and told me my consumption of sugar is way too high (even though I NEVER eat sweets, my intake of fruit was on the higher end of where it should be).

My main goal going forward is to make sure I do not have more than 1 or 2 pieces of fruit per day so that I can keep my sugar intake within a normal band.

Hope this helps.

This could very well be my problem. I eat A LOT of fruit, especially lately!!! My sugar consumption usually is higher than it should be according to MFP. What should I eat instead? I usually need on-the-go foods. Any ideas?
  • michelle_d06
    Options
    bump
  • plentyoo7
    Options
    I'm having this problem now and I've had it for a two months, it's pretty sad. Started working out twice a day and upped my cardio last week and changed my diet two weeks ago. No results yet. I presume there is an adjustment period?
    Good info above!