Emotional Eater Ready to Lose the Weight!

Options
Hi all! I'm relatively new to MFP and I've lost 14 pounds so far. I have over 100 pounds to lose and I'm hoping that this will be the time for me. I've been overweight my whole life and I now have 2 beautiful children who I want to be healthy for. I gained quite a bit of weight about 5 years ago when we lost our first daughter 2 days after she was born. Dealing with her passing over the last 5 years have been tough emotionally and I'm definitely an emotional eater. But, I'm ready to make a change in my life and to make sure that I'm as healthy as possible for my 2 munchkins, Abigayle who is 4 and Nathan who is 2 1/2. My husband lost 125 pounds after the death of our daughter...I only seemed to gain. he's definitely an inspiration to me. Would love some more encouragement and to hear other's stories as we all begin our weightloss journey. Happy losing everyone!!

Replies

• ameyc2002
    ameyc2002 Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    good luck to you, add me if you would like some support
  • LifeChanged1209
    Options
    Hi Lupie. I cannot imagine how that sort of event would have affected me. I'm glad to see that you have come through the pain, and are ready for a healthy recovery.... for you AND your family. Feel free to add me if you'd like. I'm a good listener.
  • dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    Welcome and good luck. Log on every day and stay within you goals. Eat as close to whole as you can, you'll be able to eat more.
  • Chris_bee05
    Chris_bee05 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Hi :) I'm new to MFP too and it sounds like we had a lot in common. I have lost 10 lbs so far and I too have over 100lbs to lose. I started at 221lbs and would like to be 120lbs eventually. I am also an emotional eater which makes it really difficult to stick to my diet especially during high stress times. Also, my husband has lost 100lbs himself over the last year and half going from over 300lbs down to about 205lbs. He exercises two hours a day which makes it easy for him to maintain. I have three kids myself and want to make sure I'm healthy and happy for them.

I'm sorry to hear about your loss :( I can't imagine how difficult that most have been.

It's nice to "meet" you and hopefully we can be weigh loss buddies!
  • k2glam
    k2glam Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I two am a emotional eater. Being a single parent of two I stress ALOT and I tend to try and eat the stress away!!! wishing you the best!!!
  • raniro
    raniro Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Good luck. It is hard. I am an emotional eater too, especially stress. It's like a pacifier to a baby.
    Friend me if you want I'm listed as raniro.
  • xtroidanarymachine
    Options
    Hi. I, along with others, can't imagine how the emotional strain would effect my well being. It's good to see your marriage held strong, and have 2 little loves to lighten up your days. I was just diagnosed with spinal arthritis, and I'm only 32. it's mild at this point, but I know that losing weight is a must, because i too have 2 kids who need me. i just joined yesterday, and am looking forward to connecting with people for support lines. Good luck! =)
  • lupie007
    lupie007 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Nurse 145: best of luck to you! Medical issues are always tough to deal with when needing to lose weight. I hope that you have great success in journey!