4th of July

Options
JBergman13
JBergman13 Posts: 21 Member
edited July 2018 in Motivation and Support
What are you doing for the 4th of July and what is your plan to stay on track?

Replies

• mamasara2
    mamasara2 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Been dodging invitations so the husbeast, the mini beast, and I can have a chill day all to ourselves. Hoping we get some rain soon - high fire danger so local fireworks might be called off.
  • peaceout_aly
    peaceout_aly Posts: 2,018 Member
    Options
    Meal prep. Invested in Bite Meals for the week since I have my god son for a few days & meal prep would be difficult. Pre-planned until Sunday. Hanging out by the pool where I'll be drinking some refreshing ice cold water, getting to the gym early for cardio & lifts, and then extra "cardio" by swimming.
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    edited July 2018
    Options
    I'm treating it as a day off. My wife will be working. My daughter will not be. I'll get up, drink coffee, surf interwebz. May be mow grass. After sunset we'll walk to the end of the cul-de-sac and view the local fireworks 4 miles away.
  • VUA21
    VUA21 Posts: 2,072 Member
    Options
    Babysitting doggies! I volunteer to take care of several friend's doggies for the 4th so that they could take thier kiddos to see the fireworks. Because I get to stay home, I will be grilling some steaks, veggies and potatoes for myself & my daughter. AKA: I found a way to remove myself from the massive amount of calories dense foods and alcohol involved in so many people's celebrations, and not seem rude or inconsiderate.
  • flagrantavidity
    flagrantavidity Posts: 218 Member
    edited July 2018
    Options
    Grilling some lamb, corn on the cob, red potatoes, drinking some beer. I’ll either cut out some cals for a couple of days after the 4th to negate what I consumed - but ultimately my deficit through the week will more than make up for what I’ll consume.

I’m estimating I’ll end up consuming 2400 calories. My Apple Watch is giving me an average of 2430 calories burned in a day, so I’ll be eating at maintenance for a day - it’s not going to set me back. If I go over - I go over, so be it. I’ll get back on track the next day -
  • k8eekins
    k8eekins Posts: 2,264 Member
    edited July 2018
    Options

For the first time in years, I'll purposely boycott the invitations for the beach or lakeside. With how well my cut cycle's going and with how I am at the moment, I simply want to stay home, to not privy dramatics - couple fights especially - just awkward. Additionally, my diet choice necessitates a supplement - I can not enter the water - shark bait.
  • dhiammarath
    dhiammarath Posts: 834 Member
    Options
    I'm going to a friend's for grilling. Because we'll be getting there early afternoon, I'll likely treat it as my one meal for the day. I plan to track it, certainly, but we're making pretty healthy stuff! Then I have the rest of the week off. I plan to do LOTS of swimming this weekend. So even if I go over, my overall weekly will be okay because I'll be doing a lot of exercises!
  • moodybear2003
    moodybear2003 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    We're hosting a handful of family the day of, and then have a huge party on saturday to attend. I'm not going to log, but I'm going to be mindful and listen to my hunger cues. Take 1 serving of only things I really want, not 2 of everything just because it's there. Eat slow, and enjoy a little cheat. My party will be easier, it's just a few people, we're not having that much food at all.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,876 Member
    Options
    Riding our bikes to the village main street for the parade. Hang out in the park afterwards and get some hot dogs and cheeseburgers from the Boy Scouts and throw the football around or something. Go home and cookout and watch the fireworks from our patio.
  • CSARdiver
    CSARdiver Posts: 6,252 Member
    Options
    Shutting down early today and picking up the kids. I think rock climbing may be cancelled tonight, but there's a new bike trail that just opened up the kids have been dying to go. Think we'll make a day of it - followed by consuming mass quantities and setting off some improvised pyrotechnics.
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    It’s one day and not a particularly food focused day, as compared to Thanksgiving or Christmas for example. As with any day where I might be indulging more - I bank calories ahead of time, try to get in some extra exercise, and make sensible choices to really prioritize the foods I really love over those which are just “meh”.

With a summer holiday that often has grilled foods, fruit, and lighter fare I don’t usually find it too hard to stay on track and again having it be one day is pretty manageable even if I go overboard.
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    I'm working so it's a normal day for me. We aren't even going to cook out that evening...BLTs are planned, which I normally turn into a turkey club.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    JBergman13 wrote: »

BBQing and not planning on staying on track. Like @WinoGelato said, it's a one-off.

Oh, and I'll be eating this ice cream cake!

wew1gzkw4vtu.jpg
  • PKM0515
    PKM0515 Posts: 2,937 Member
    Options

BBQing and not planning on staying on track. Like @WinoGelato said, it's a one-off. :|:p

wew1gzkw4vtu.jpg

OMG, what wonder is this? Do tell... :p
  • quiksylver296
    Options
    SaraKim17 wrote: »

BBQing and not planning on staying on track. Like @WinoGelato said, it's a one-off. :|:p

wew1gzkw4vtu.jpg

https://www.twopeasandtheirpod.com/biscoff-toffee-ice-cream-cake/
  • mamasara2
    mamasara2 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    @VUA21 One of my besties didn't come to a local 4th party or show up for the town fireworks and I found out the next day that she and her family did their own thing- all quiet like and on their own schedule. I was all "wait---- we can do that?!?" 😂😂😂

As lovely as it is to know others care and want us around, it still cracks me up that we have to have what others would accept as a legitimate excuse not to go to their parties.
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options

wew1gzkw4vtu.jpg

Pinned! Thanks!
  • quiksylver296
    Options
    WinoGelato wrote: »

wew1gzkw4vtu.jpg

Pinned! Thanks!

It's decadent! I did half vanilla ice cream and half toffee caramel ice cream. Soooo good!

mn6c4x5dcwgi.jpg
  • antsosbo
    antsosbo Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Our fireworks are tonite so I plan to watch those with the family after work. As for tomorrow, my plan is to stay home and watch movies, and have a lazy Sunday midweek!
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    Portion control is your friend. Enjoy the food but take about half the portion of what you "think" you want, and you will still be full and have a good time!