Boot Camp Failure

Options
I just began mfp last monday and I have successfully managed to log on everyday, unfortunately I exceeded my calorie intake and ate cappy food. I even began a boot camp last week and I was proud for staying on top and actually pushing myself. Today being a new week, new start, I woke up 515 am ready for my 6 am monday session and I couldn't even finish the last 2 sets and abs :( I am soo disappointed in myself. I am not sure how to recover and stay positive. Right now I feel like a failure and unmotivated.

Replies

• MOMSHOME
    MOMSHOME Posts: 72
    Options
    I know how you feel, I have been there. Just get yourself back on track, work hard (work your best) and you will feel good again.
  • vim_n_vigor
    vim_n_vigor Posts: 4,089 Member
    Options
    You are making a lot of changes for your body and it takes time to adjust. Your body is sore, fatigued and confused. Let it catch up a bit before you feel like a failure. Even athletes in top physical strength will have times where they 'hit the wall' and have to let their bodies catch up. Give it time and you are making great changes. With all that extra activity, make sure you are getting the nutrients you need. You mentioned eating crappy food. That won't help your body keep up with the extra activity. Good Luck!
  • cheri0627
    cheri0627 Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    You still went, and you did a lot of the stuff in boot camp. That is an accomplishment. Especially at the beginning, there were a lot of days that I couldn't complete everything. Do what you can and don't worry about what you can't. Some day, it will come. Honest. Trust me, I've been there.
  • sophjakesmom
    sophjakesmom Posts: 904 Member
    Options
    Ok, lets rewrite that internal dialogue. You got up at 5:15 and worked out!! That is awesome! Some days you will feel stronger than others, but you did it and you burned calories. tomorrow you will do better. You DID NOT hit snooze and go back to bed. Celebrate even the small wins. Hang in there my friend. There will be victories and losses throughout your healthy journey, don't let the ups and downs lead you to give up!! :flowerforyou:
  • jeepgirl001
    Options
    It's great that you still went. I have been going to a boot camp for 5 weeks now and there are days that I have to push myself to go. In the beginning I found it hard to complete everything (sometimes I didn't). But I went and now I feel good when I have completed a boot camp session. Make sure that you are eating properly before and after your workouts. Go to weighwatchers web site and read about the proper foods you should be eating before and after. Your body needs the proper protein before and nutrients after. Good Luck. You can do it!!!
  • RunningMom09
    RunningMom09 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    You've made the decision to improve your health and are taking positive steps. You are headed in the right direction with MFP and boot camp.

We all have bad days now and then...hang in there! So today's workout was crappy, it happens, even to those who have been excercising for years. Even though you didn't complete the entire workout, you still did WAY more than you would have if you had stayed in bed after the alarm went off:smile:

Getting most of your alloted calories from healthy foods and drinking plenty of water can help your energy levels. Also, did you eat breakfast before your boot camp? I know I will bonk during a workout if I go into it without fueling up. Half a bagel with peanut butter or a Cliff Bar before early morning workouts works for me.
  • meliturtlee
    Options
    Thank you all. This lifestyle change is hard but I did this to myself and now I have to get my self back in step. I just don't want to slack off. I need to give it everything I have. I definitely eat something prior like ww toast so I have something in my stomach. Last week boot camps session were amazing and I definitely kept up for being a newbie. But today idk I kind of crashed and burned at the end. Again thank you for the motivation.
  • texasmagz
    texasmagz Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I have to agree with sophjakesmom. You got up this morning and went. That's a huge win! Remember, this is a lifestyle change. You can't be perfect all the time and your efforts won't last long if you think you have to be.
  • ShaeDetermined
    ShaeDetermined Posts: 1,525 Member
    Options
    You are making a lot of changes for your body and it takes time to adjust. Your body is sore, fatigued and confused. Let it catch up a bit before you feel like a failure. Even athletes in top physical strength will have times where they 'hit the wall' and have to let their bodies catch up. Give it time and you are making great changes. With all that extra activity, make sure you are getting the nutrients you need. You mentioned eating crappy food. That won't help your body keep up with the extra activity. Good Luck!
    well said.

Just one more thing, whatever you do, don't get stuck in "modifications".
    I've been going to bootcamp for a year now and i've seen the turnover. myself and my husband are the only ones there that long. be committed, and be strong about it. but that's not really my point.
    There are girls who have been there for over 3 months and are still doing pushups from their knees, planks from their knees, etc and there is no reason for it. If you must modify, do so on a time-to-time basis. Each time do as many reps as you can and then fall back on the modification if you cannot complete the set.
    You will be surprised at how quickly you will build up strength and endurance if you continue to push yourself to the max.

Good Luck!