Anybody here in Ketogenic diet?

Options
I am new in this kind of diet. It promised to shed off pounds and dress sizes, plus aid in diabetes, high blood pressure and high cholesterol levels. So it is perfect for me

Replies

• dollskinmfp
    dollskinmfp Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I just started 7 days ago! :)
  • dbkyser
    dbkyser Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    I have been for 7 months
  • dollskinmfp
    dollskinmfp Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    dbkyser wrote: »
    I have been for 7 months

How has your experience been?
  • DaneDwayne
    DaneDwayne Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I have been for 7 months

Can you please give us some insights/tips? I have been feeling dizzy on the 1st day and today. So far I have been in keto diet for 4 days now.
  • Misty_1375
    Misty_1375 Posts: 759 Member
    Options
    I changed my lifestyle to Keto 6 months ago. It’s a wonderful thing!
  • Misty_1375
    Misty_1375 Posts: 759 Member
    Options
    DaneDwayne wrote: »
    I have been for 7 months

Can you please give us some insights/tips? I have been feeling dizzy on the 1st day and today. So far I have been in keto diet for 4 days now.

Sounds as if your electrolytes are out of whack. Ensure to have chicken broth/pickle juice and/or Powerade Zero to replenish your electrolytes.
  • DaneDwayne
    DaneDwayne Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Misty_1375 wrote: »
    I have been for 7 months

Sounds as if your electrolytes are out of whack. Ensure to have chicken broth/pickle juice and/or Powerade Zero to replenish your electrolytes.

Thanks. I thought it was my blood sugar since i have issues with uncontrolled diabetes. Anyway, i will do your suggestion. Thank u so much
  • JipsyJudy
    JipsyJudy Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    I recently read an online article about how to get started on the ketogenic diet. It said thete’s a thing called “keto flu” that happens if you don’t get enough fluids and salt. It also recommended beef or chicken broth.
  • GaleHawkins
    GaleHawkins Posts: 8,160 Member
    Options
    I am new in this kind of diet. It promised to shed off pounds and dress sizes, plus aid in diabetes, high blood pressure and high cholesterol levels. So it is perfect for me

@DaneDwayne while I did not do it to lose weight but to save my life four years ago I did however lose 50 pounds without monitoring more than just keeping my daily carbs at 50 grams or less. The weight has not returned three years later.

At 67 my health markers and general health is better than 30 years ago and my arthritis damage is slowly recovering. It started to manage my pain in the first 30 days and today I am relative pain free. Now I can get in and out of cars unaided and get on and drive the tractor to bush hog almost pain free.

While Keto is getting a lot of attention today the potential weight loss side effect is not the main reason to do Keto based on my personal experience and research but hey we all do the same things in life but for many different reasons. The cravings and binging started to fade after the first 30 days and after nearly four years have not returned as long as I keep my daily carbs around 50 grams.

In my case I think it was after the first year of Keto/LCHF lifestyle that I started to understand its underlying factors that made it worth doing for the rest of my life. Keto results vary from person to person so I found reading the results of others of interest but not of a real direct value to copy. Patterns appear and I then to follow them as a general guideline in my case personally. What does boggle my mind is people who have never done Keto or even a version of LCHF will make negative remarks. I just ignore all sources unless they are sharing long term Keto experiences.

The main reason Keto was not working in my case in the beginning was I had not dealt with my 50 year old carb addiction. It was a hellish two weeks in my case cold turkey going off of all food containing added sugars and or any form of any grain back in Oct 2014. Getting my mind and body back was worth doing Keto and eating this way for the rest of my life.

Best of success. My first year was a bumpy learning experience. Getting my Vitamin D3, K2 and magnesium supplements in balance did not happen overnight. This does not apply to all but removing calcium deposits from outside of my bones and teeth so the calcium can get into my bones and teeth is my major reason for doing Keto for Life.

• aburrison1
    aburrison1 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    While on Keto make sure you take Magnesium supplements. If you have Diabetes please be sure to check your blood sugar as you will see it will go down. Carbs can be damaging to the body especially if you have diabetes. Once removed you will find your body will being to heal.
  • acnoyes
    acnoyes Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Been doing it for 3 weeks now and am definitely started producing ketones. Dropped 15 pounds and have enjoyed the benefits of mental clarity and energy. And with some proper meal planning, the food has been great. My main issue with similar plans in the past has been boredom of the menu (actually, my lack of creativity)!

This time feels different...and I'm committed.